Advanced settings for the h264 codec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Advanced settings for the h264 codec

It would be very usefull if dvdfab had all the advanced settings for the h264 codec.
    Settings like :referce frames
    maximum b-frames
    transform(8x8 and above)

Analysis options like: adaptive b frames
    adaptive direct mode
    motion estimation method
    subpixel motion estimation and mode decision
    motion estimation range

Deblocking options,trellis and other

Thanks in advance

LignGeorge
    Here's what release notes says:

DVDFab 8.0.9.5 Qt Beta (June 3, 2011)

New: Added support for Intel Quick Sync as H.264 decoder and encoder. It works on DVD Ripper, Blu-ray Copy, Blu-ray Ripper, Blu-ray 3D Ripper, Blu-ray to DVD Converter, Video Converter and 2D to 3D Converter.
    New: Brand new profile design, which is very flexible and powerful. A new profile editor will be out soon, please wait.
    New: Brand new MP4 muxer.
    New profile editor is an essentially a tool (GUI) to change and set custom parameters for h264. Using this tool you can create your own customized profiles and incorporate them into DVDFab profile list by adding to profile folder. Technically, you can do it now too, if you know what you are doing and know how to do it with command line - there's no GUI for it.
    IMHO, DVDFab has very good, well balanced profiles, and I don't see a need for you to tweak them. If you want to do it out of curiosity or as a part of your video processing learning and exploration process, you are better off with something like MeGUI, or if you dealing with some twisted content, MeGUI is the only way to go.
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Hi LignGeorge,

You can edit preset file in InstallationFolder\profiles3\preset folder, and you can find which preset is used in the profile xml file.

Please let us know your test result, thanks.

Best Regards,
      Fengtao
      DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
      http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Those presets are for the bd ripper?
        (profile mp4.h264.aac)
        Last edited by LignGeorge; 06-06-2011, 10:05 AM.

Comment

There are presets for every module (DVD Ripper, BD Ripper, etc.), every profile. You can open profile, see what preset it referred to and make adjustments you seem necessary in that preset.

Originally posted by LignGeorge View Post
          Those presets are for the bd ripper?
          (profile mp4.h264.aac)
          sigpic

Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

I set trllis to true and x264 trellis to 1,ME from 12 to 16 and ME to 5 and nothing changed.Did I something wrong?

Comment

I just guessing here that you trying to work with mp4.h264.aac profile? Right? Which preset is associated with it? What exactly you were doing.
              I don't think this thread will be helpful for you unless you will begin to supply more detailed information. Most of the members here are very knowledgeable and developers are willing to help, but believe me, non of them are psychics.
              sigpic

Comment

I am trying to improve compression.So I tryed to enable trillis for the encoder(value =1)
                ,I increased motion estimation from 12 to 16 (ME) and I tried (i am not sure if that is the way) to change the motion estimation method from hexagon to a much better one transformed exhaustive with subpixel motion estimation to value (7) > RD in all frames
                I also want to increase refernce frames to 3 and maximum b-frames to 3.

Those are settings for the x264 encoder.Unfortunatly I don't know enouph about them but I suggest to fengtao who knows these things to add a "very high quality" profile with the above settings.

Comment

The new profile editor should make this much easier and an early version should be out before too long. I hope so, I want to make some similar changes for the MP4 codec when converting DVDs. I think the Blu-ray ones are pretty good quality now.
                  Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                  Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                    The new profile editor should make this much easier and an early version should be out before too long.
                    I'm wondering if old profile editor is still good... I still have one and will try if have time? Do you still have it signals? did you try it?
                    sigpic

Comment

@IP,

Nah, I have it, no workies and it is a POS...
                      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

@GregiBoy
                        Fengtao promised new one soon. I hope that one will be good. I found standalone editor good idea, in oppose to handicapped UI, like some other programs we both know...
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X