This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Copy Re-join Split discs with Merge

When DVDFab is used to "Split" a DVD-9 into two DVD-5 discs with everything included .
    I want DVDFab to be able to "Merge" the two DVD-5 discs back together into the original DVD-9. With everything included.
    By this I mean like it had been ripped "Full Disc" instead of "Split" .
    If DVDFab can "Split" a DVD into two DVD-5 discs why can't it put the same Folders & files back together ? If everything is there.
    I mean original Menu with "Special Features" & anything else the original menu is supposed to access.
    I hope I have made what I want clear enough but if not I will check back & try to explain in more detail.
    BTW I have tried to do this with several other softwares & managed to add the original menu back to what amounts to "Movie Only" with a menu .
    Of course this lacks "Special Features ' So is not a true copy of the original DVD-9.

Merge and Split work differently, so I think what you are asking for is an "un-split" mode.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      Merge and Split work differently, so I think what you are asking for is an "un-split" mode.
      Of course they do .
      If you like the term "un-split mode" that describes what I want DVDFab to be able to do . Put the Split back together as it was before the "Split" . From the "Split" folder or rip the two single layer discs made from a "Split" (D1 & D2) back into a DVD-9 . That DVD-9 being the same as if a "Full Disc" rip had been done.
      I know sometimes the word chosen for a function in a software doesn't exactly match its definition .
      To me "Merge" means merge the files or folders together .
      Join means about the same .
      Although in the case of "Split" you wouldn't want the second menu if that was chosen for each disc of the "Split" . Or any Disc 1 or Disc 2 screens that may have been added .
      I'm not suggesting that DVDFab be able to "unsplit" any other softwares "Split" of a DVD just the one DVDFab does. It seems that DVDFab should be able to reverse its own process.
      Of course a new "Full Disc" rip from the original commercial DVD disc would be the ideal solution but sometimes those get damaged . That is why I would like DVDFab to be able to do the "unsplit"
      Last edited by cholla; 12-04-2011, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Cholla
        You can call it anything you like since the feature doesn't exist. I was just trying to answer the question you asked: Merge can't undo a split because it works differently. Compare the IFO files of a Merge with those of a Split.

I think Unsplit could be done, but as Greg pointed out it would take some work.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Unsplit is fine with me .
          Since this is the area of the forum for "Feature Requests" that is the reason for my posts here . To request this feature be added to DVDFab's DVD Copy.

@ signals , I know you were just answering & my response was detailed because I wanted to make the request as clear as possible . Specially since I know English is not Fengtao's first language.

So basically my request is for an Unsplit or Undo feature.

I have almost been able to do this using VobEdit , IfoEdit , & PGCEdit . They only thing I haven't got to work is a menu in "Special Features " that selects from 9 different angles.
          So far the menu always selects the same angle no matter which button you select.
          I beleive this is beyond what an "average" DVDFab user is willing to learn to do & takes a lot of time.
          So for those users & to save myself a lot of time "Unsplit" would be a very nice feature to have.
          Last edited by Guest; 12-06-2011, 12:16 AM.

Comment

Thank you Gruñón for removing some of the posts.

I do hope someone for the DVDFab staff will respond whether there are any plans for doing this feature request.

I also used TitleWriter on the two I'm working on . It was the software that added the menus back in. PGCEdit was able to correct the Scenes menu .
            The only section of the menus I haven't been able to get working correctly is the "Special Features" menu & all of it except the "Multi-Angle Stunts" is working . The nine buttons for the different angles work but always select the same scene. So I'm close to doing it on my own .
            The thing is it takes a lot of time to do this .
            If I could just "Unsplit or Undo" with DVDFab it would be a lot faster & easier.
            Since the discs I'm working with were originally "Split" by DVDFab it should be easy for a "Reverse " process to be done by DVDFab's staff.

Comment

You are welcome.

Also it would seem that after doing a quick read of the 19 posts you have made on this subject on another forum you have worked out a way to "unsplit" the movie.

I have been using TitleWriter for several years.

Comment

Originally posted by Gruñón View Post
                Also it would seem that after doing a quick read of the 19 posts you have made on this subject on another forum you have worked out a way to "unsplit" the movie.
                I would say I was able to "Unsplit" the movie 99% . I still have the "Special Features" menu & all of it except the "Multi-Angle Stunts" is working . So that makes the process I used not a complete sucess.
                I'm still working on getting the "Multi-Angle Stunts" to work . If I do that I will say I have accomplished the "Unsplit" .
                The only thing is so far doing all this process takes between 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
                Also several steps that need to be manually done.
                Also to make this clear my work experence is not Audio/Video or computers.
                So when I do something like this it is "trial & error" with help form the internet ( mostly forums) .
                So my feature request still stands . It would be much easier for DVDFab to add a way to reverse its' own process . The programers know exactly what DVDFab does to do the split . So how hard could it be for them to reverse the Split ?

Comment

I would like a reply from Fengtao or one of the DVDFab programming staff on if this feature will be considered .
                  I did accomplish this but only with a lot of effort. Even with the "Guide" I wrote it takes a lot of time & manual work with Files & folders.
                  So again it would be much easier for the DVDFab programmers to create a "Reverse" for the "Split" feature . This has been named "UnSplit".

Last edited by Guest; 12-16-2011, 11:12 PM. Reason: forum policy - removed link to other forum

Comment

Working...
                  X