Several suggestions for DVD & blu-ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab (UI/General) Several suggestions for DVD & blu-ray

After TBDPt1, I have some suggestions, but will defer to others if they are too “heavy duty” for the average user.

Clone : Instead of not starting if a media blank is not inserted, allow the destination drive selection to be used to select where to store the disk image (useful if you are awaiting delivery of a spindle of blanks).

Full Disk : Quality (Size) pull down, have a 100% option (useful if a new copy protection makes the apparent size greater than the media size for people with “medium sized”, 2T to 5T, disks)

… Ripper : Native option i.e. MPEG2 to DVD or h.264/mp4 for blu-ray

New advanced decryption mode : do initial disk analysis and then produce a pane with all the different correction processing listed and the detected protections ticked. Then allow the advanced user to change the ticked options (at their own risk, for new copy protections, knowing the software is likely to be unstable as a result).

New advanced clone mode : bad sector best guess (at their own risk, for new copy protections, could take 4+ days for DVD). Read bad sectors twice, use data returned from drive, in accompanying report note if drive returned data (i.e. not substituted zeros), if 2 reads gave same data (some drives might be giving the real data), it is not the same as the previous sector (more likely to be the real data) and it is not the same as the previous bad sector (some drives return a predetermined pattern on bad sector read).

If the new advanced decryption mode is accepted then more advanced options : main title override, allow the user to override the main menu title number. Use file system, allow user to select iso, udf or ifo as starting point for decryption (adjusting the other 2 if necessary). Size discrepancy processing, if the main title size on disk will be different from the selected main movie size (as per Twighlight … Part 1 and Vn 8.1.7.6) fill the remaining space by selecting either continuous on disk (i.e. VTS_<n>_<m>.VOB start where m = 1 says in the filing system and the remaining VOB(s) run on continuously) or not in file system i.e. there is a block of sectors mot referenced in the iso or udf filing systems that contain the “missing” data.

Obviously all “advanced” options assume the user knows what is going on “under the hood” so can cause crashes etc. if set incorrectly. Some may be considered too dangerous so I will defer to comments from other users (especially the ones that result in execution times measured with a calendar!).
Working...
X