Save and Restore Settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab (UI/General) Save and Restore Settings

I would love to see an option under the "Common Settings" of the UI to be able to save and restore the settings you've chosen. Most programs I've seen that have such an option tend to save your settings in an .html, .xml, or .bin file. I've gotten pretty good at manually restoring the settings I prefer whenever I have to reinstall DVDFab, replace my hard drive, replace my PC, etc. However, it would be nice to have an option to save and restore my settings in case I accidentally click the dreaded "Restore Defaults" button.

At one time you could copy one or two xml files and have all the settings, but the UI has been re-written since then and I think the files and location have changed.

//EDIT//
    It has changed, the settings are stored in the windows registry now, and you can save and restore them. You can find them under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DVDFab\V8_QT if you have allowed DVDFab to install to the default locations. Most of them that are not module-specific are in the Generic folder. Thanks to Fengtao for this info and permitting its release.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Awesome, thanks!

Comment

You're welcome. Remember to back them up before installing an update and that this may quit working correctly if they make any changes to the way they are stored. Think of this for now as an undocumented feature and subject to change.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Excellent piece of info thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X