Don't know if was an intentional change or an oversight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab (UI/General) Don't know if was an intentional change or an oversight

Until very recently (the last official update - 9.1.1.5, I think) the window for resizing and cropping videos within the DVD/Blu-ray ripper had a standard maximize button. This is very useful for setting the cropping correctly, as the normal size window has a very small video image, which makes it difficult to see where it should be cropped.

In the past, I could just hit the maximize button and adjust my crop settings using the full screen resolution. The larger video images made it a lot easier to place the crop correctly to eliminate dead space.

Now the maximize button is gone. What's really annoying is that the screen can still be maximized if you drag it to the upper left corner of the screen, grab the lower right corner, and stretch it to fill the monitor. It's slow and clumsy, but it can be done. If the screen couldn't be resized at all, I'd assume that screen needed to be a specific size for some reason, so the developers eliminated that option. It would be easier to accept if it was clearly a case of doing something necessary to avoid a problem. But that isn't the case. You guys didn't prevent maximizing the screen... you just made it a royal pain in the butt to do it, particularly since that screen doesn't remember previous settings, so it has to be done repeatedly when there's more than one title in the queue.

If there's a legitimate reason to prevent the user from maximizing that window, fine. Fix it so it can't be maximized. If there isn't, then PLEASE put the maximize button back on the window beside the close button in the next version.
Working...
X