Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

auto-RIP from Copy Temp Folder

Hi,

I searched the forum and couldn't find anything on this, so I am posting it here. My apologies if I missed previous discussion on this topic.

Whenever I buy a new DVD, I make a copy of the main movie for daily use, and Rip an MKV to my server for remote viewing. I cue both of these tasks up in the task manager and come back a half hour or so later to see how it went.

I've noticed that most of the time in the Copy process, appears to be from slowly reading the original DVD, and writing it to the TEMP file on my HD prior to burning.

I've also noticed that much of the time Ripping is spent, again, Slowly reading the original DVD followed by the creation of the MKV copy.

If I am in a hurry, i can save a lot of time by turning off the Delete Temp Folder option, then initiating only the Copy Task. When the Copy burn is complete, I can then manually initiate the RIP, from the Temp File on the HD, avoiding the slow read of the original DVD during RIP. Unfortunately this requires that I babysit the process, waiting for the Temp File to be created and selecting it for RIP only after the Burn is complete. Then I have to manually delete the Temp Folder and turn the Delete Temp Folder option back on.

Would it be possible for DVDFAB to recognize when I have both a Copy and RIP of the same original DVD cued up in the Task Manager, and for the SW to automatically use the Temp file from the Copy process for the RIP, instead original DVD, and then initiate the Delete Temp File after it has been used for both processes?

...or, if there is a more streamlined way to do a Copy and RIP from the same original DVD, please let me know.

Thanx in advance,
    DCE
Working...
X