X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Chapter Selection

Evening all.

I am a HUGE film fan and like to re-cut films inserting deleted scenes or deleting whole chapters. For example, I have recently done a re-cut Lord of the Rings missing out all the Bilbo bits (because they're dull) and created a LOTR - Aragron's Jorney.

The only way I could do this was to to use the DVD to Mobile (each chapter as a separate file) and then re-combine the chapters I wanted using Windows Movie Maker.

What I'd really like to see is the ability to select which chapters you want from a title (i.e. 1, 4-6, 8, 10-14 etc.) and merge them into a single title of their own: either to burn, to turn into an image or compress into an avi of some description.

I realise this may not be a request that will often come up, but a bit of love for film fans would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I second this request; it would be nice to be able to jump around and choose specific chapters from a title to copy in the customized DVD to DVD mode.
    Last edited by epiphenom; 11-28-2009, 07:46 AM.

Comment

You can do this now using Merge mode.
      • Copy original to hard drive
      • Open DVDFab in Merge mode
      • Select the title and first chapter or group of chapters
      • Re-load the Source using the Source folder icon
      • Select next chapter or group of chapters, repeat for the rest
      • Click Start
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thank you -- this is a very helpful tip!

Originally posted by signals View Post
        You can do this now using Merge mode.
        • Copy original to hard drive
        • Open DVDFab in Merge mode
        • Select the title and first chapter or group of chapters
        • Re-load the Source using the Source folder icon
        • Select next chapter or group of chapters, repeat for the rest
        • Click Start

Comment

I too am delighted there is A way to create a title with arbitrary selections of chapters - I need to do this a lot - if you're a fan of Hindi Bollywood movies and want to create a new title with just the songs from the movie (common theme in Bolywwod movies), then this is a coveted feature to have.

My humble comment is that the method prescribed is a rather long winded, cumbersome and indirect way to do this. Almost archaic, if you don't mind my saying. It would be SO NICE, simple and straightforward if chapters could also be individually listed, previewable and therefore naturally selectable within a feature window of it's own, just as today titles can be flexibly worked with.

Is there some technical contraint preventing the inclusion of this rather obvious feature? I for one am surrounded by hordes of potential purchasers of DVDFab (you guessed it - all connected somehow to the Bollywood industry, which is way bigger than Hollywood BTW), who when they find they cannot easily deal with chapters, shy away from the product.

I think it would be well worth your effort to include direct chapter selection mode, and as a registered owner of multiple copies of DVDFab, I would certainly enjoy and benefit immensely from it, but I can see everybody benefiting too. It would make your already outstanding product close to being perfect! Please revisit this request; if I can be of assistance in explaining the need in more detail if required, it will be my pleasure to work with your development team.

Comment

Working...
          X