DTS-HD MA conversion to flac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) DTS-HD MA conversion to flac

I noticed that my MKV rips from the blu-ray ripper will only play with sound on MPC-HC and not even consistently. I get no sound from VLC or other players that I have tried. I couldn't figure out what was wrong until I demuxed the MKV file and found an intact undecoded DTS-HD MA file in the MKV. I didn't even know MKV supported the DTS format. In any case, the format is nearly useless in an MKV file because there are so few video players with DTS-HD MA decoding support. Maybe certain versions of the Arcsoft or Sonic/Roxio or PowerDVD video players support it, but that's it. MPC-HC usually play the files but that is only because it decodes the core, lossy compressed DTS file.

So I would like to request DTS-HD MA decoding and flac encoding so that the uncompressed audio could be stored in an open format that is supported by far more video players. Until and unless this feature is added I will be forced to switch to eac3to/mkvmerge for ripping my blu-rays. If there are problems with licensing the DTS codec then just do what eac3to does and rely on the end user to find the necessary files from Sonic or Arcsoft.
Working...
X