Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• signals
    replied
    Isn't this the player that Maineman has?

Leave a comment:

• GregiBoy
    replied
    I totally agree here with Complication. The bottleneck HAS to be the players network implementation.

You have proved that in your tests.

The fact that it plays OK on your PC is no indication as it is most probably smoothed out by buffering.

Originally posted by Complication View Post
    My guess would be that the network port/driver on the Agrosy unit is either defective or underpowered (for lack of a better term). Device manufacturers will sometimes use cheaper parts that don't meet the speed performance needed. I've heard good things about Agrosy on this forum but I do not have one.
    Last edited by GregiBoy; 01-15-2011, 08:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Complication
    replied
    My guess would be that the network port/driver on the Agrosy unit is either defective or underpowered (for lack of a better term). Device manufacturers will sometimes use cheaper parts that don't meet the speed performance needed. I've heard good things about Agrosy on this forum but I do not have one.

Leave a comment:

• MikeL
    started a topic Media Players Argosy 335T Help

Argosy 335T Help

I recently purchased this media player. I have not yet been able to play Bluray 1080p files over the network using the device. The media player plays the file but the video is choppy and the audio cuts out. I can play 720p files fine over the network and I can play the 1080p files (including those with HD audio) fine from a USB hard drive connected directly to the Argosy. The performance is the same whether the Argosy is connected to the network via wireless N or hard-wired into my gigabit router (Cisco E2000). The performance is also the same whether the file physically resides on my desktop PC (Intel Core Duo 2.4MGHz; Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium) or on a network drive (D-Link DNS-321). Both the PC and Network drive have 1000 Mbps connections to the router. I can play the 1080p files fine over the network using my PC (video displayed on PC monitor; iso file residing on network drive) using PowerDVD, so my initial thoughts of this being a network issue I am now doubting. All the files I play are created with DVDFab Bluray Copy using Main Movie option and no compression (BD50)

Any thoughts? Thanks
Working...
X