Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GregiBoy
    replied
    Well, they were right then, it will do it...

But, as we all pointed out to you, and you have certainly proved by your testing, the throughput necessary to play high bitrate files can be bottlenecked at various points in your network, not just the player.

General rule of thumb that I use is all DVD Rips (AVI, MKV) can reside on my NAS's. High bitrate files are stored locally.

Leave a comment:

• MikeL
    replied
    I was able to get the Argosy up on the network and now can play 1080p files on the Argosy over the network as long as the files are streamed from one of my two computers. When I try and stream them from one of my two NAS', no luck. Both PCs have gigabit LAN cards although for some reason one of the PCs is only recognized as 100Mbps by the router. One of the NAS has a gigabit connection, but I question what real throughput you can get from the NAS. File transfer, at best, is 11-13MBps and about 6MBps from my Cisco NAS.

I was even able to play a 1080p movie on the Argosy over the network from one of my PCs while another PC was playing a 1080p over the network from one of my D-Link NAS.

I may just go back to using the Argosy's internal drive or a usb drive to play from, but since their literature stated it would do 1080p over a network I had to call them on it.

Leave a comment:

• GregiBoy
    replied
    Yeah, C... About a third after all the overheads is what I have seen from experience and tests...

Originally posted by Complication View Post
    I think GregiBoy is right. 100mb is the theoretical limit of the LAN. It will be about a third of that with typical hardware and TCP/IP overhead. I believe the BD spec allows for up to 40mb/s.

Leave a comment:

• LoveDVDFab
    replied
    Regardless of Argosy's wireless capabilities (rather limitations I should say) I will be buying me one (not for wireless streaming purposes, I gave up on that a while ago).

Wireless streaming of media on a LAN..... man, Gigabit Ethernet sure would be a wonderful thing to have, wouldn't it?

Leave a comment:

• Complication
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeL View Post
    Based on the light on the router, the connection is detected as 100Mbps and not 1000 Mbps.

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
    To be honest, I don't think you have any problem. I think the problem is more with your expectations.

Most players only have 100Mb LAN connections and the high bitrate BR files are just too much for this connection.
    I think GregiBoy is right. 100mb is the theoretical limit of the LAN. It will be about a third of that with typical hardware and TCP/IP overhead. I believe the BD spec allows for up to 40mb/s.

Leave a comment:

• GregiBoy
    replied
    To be honest, I don't think you have any problem. I think the problem is more with your expectations.

Most players only have 100Mb LAN connections and the high bitrate BR files are just too much for this connection.

Originally posted by MikeL View Post
    I will ask in the next email exchange with the Argosy Tech Support guy.
    lem
    Based on the light on the router, the connection is detected as 100Mbps and not 1000 Mbps.

At this point, they have had me upgrade the firmware, do the obligatory connection changes (different port of router, different cable, etc), turning off all other devices on network, etc. No improvement. In fact, I can no longer get an IP address from the router for it.

Works fine when using an attached USB drive or it's internal drive, but I would like to resolve whether this is a problem with the unit I have or a more general problem with the H335 over the network.

Thanks for all your replies.

Leave a comment:

• MikeL
    replied
    Can someone please check out the specs please?
    I will ask in the next email exchange with the Argosy Tech Support guy.

At this point, they have had me upgrade the firmware, do the obligatory connection changes (different port of router, different cable, etc), turning off all other devices on network, etc. No improvement. In fact, I can no longer get an IP address from the router for it.

Works fine when using an attached USB drive or it's internal drive, but I would like to resolve whether this is a problem with the unit I have or a more general problem with the H335 over the network.

Thanks for all your replies.

Leave a comment:

• GregiBoy
    replied
    Yep....

I would like a dollar for every hour that I spent too.

It's in my diary to retest about 2025!!!!

Originally posted by LoveDVDFab View Post
    I have attempted to do this in the past as well and it will be a very long time before I waste any more of my time on attempting to configure wireless streaming media.

Leave a comment:

• LoveDVDFab
    replied
    Forget wireless B/G/N/Z whatever !!!!
    I have attempted to do this in the past as well and it will be a very long time before I waste any more of my time on attempting to configure wireless streaming media.

My advice:
    Forget wireless B/G/N/Z whatever !!!!

Leave a comment:

• GregiBoy
    replied
    I will bet that the player only has a 100Mb network connection and playing high bitrate files over 100Mb is marginal at best!!!

Forget wireless B/G/N/Z whatever !!!! It WILL NOT WORK!!!

Can someone please check out the specs please?

Leave a comment:

• maineman
    replied
    Originally posted by Complication View Post
    Ok, but does yours work on raw BD content over a network?
    Sorry, the second yup refers to GregiBoy's comment:

"I am also pretty sure that he has yet to network it, just playing off local/usb drives."

So no, I haven't played anything over a network.
    I'm not set up for this up here in Maine and I don't anticipate doing this until I'm permanently in my home in SC.

Sorry for the confusion.

Leave a comment:

• Complication
    replied
    Originally posted by maineman View Post
    Yup

Yup

Yup

Ok, but does yours work on raw BD content over a network?

Leave a comment:

• maineman
    replied
    Originally posted by signals View Post
    Isn't this the player that Maineman has?
    Yup

Same brand, not sure of model but I am also pretty sure that he has yet to network it, just playing off local/usb drives.
    Yup

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
    Yes, this is the same one that Maineman has
    Argosy HV335T Media Player
    CBR929
    Yup

Leave a comment:

• CBR929
    replied
    Yes, this is the same one that Maineman has
    Argosy HV335T Media Player
    CBR929

Leave a comment:

• GregiBoy
    replied
    Same brand, not sure of model but I am also pretty sure that he has yet to network it, just playing off local/usb drives.

Originally posted by signals View Post
    Isn't this the player that Maineman has?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X