This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you copy Wii games??

I am getting my daughter a Wii for Christmas. She does not take very good care of her games and I want to make copies so she doesn't scratch the originals. They are so very expensive!!! Can I cope them and if so how do I do it???

Tracy

Not with Fab. Sorry.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Our member Troy512 is the Wii expert and backs his games up (but I don't think it was with Fab), sadly I haven't seen him online in a VERY long time. I'll search when I get time to see what and how this is accomplished but I make no promises and it might be awhile before I post and answer back here provided I can find an answer. Hopefully another member will step up and off some advice.

Edit: btw, you might try "google" in case you want an answer right away, you may find one before I do.
      Last edited by W&B; 11-17-2009, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Moved this thread here since it's not related to Fab, possibly better served in this sub-forum.

Comment

I found this thread that gives some info about the Wii provided by Troy512 Here If this doesn't lead you to your answer post back.

Comment

From the "Product Functionality" thread....

"DVDFab will neither copy nor remove copy protection from software BD/ DVD's/CD's, games BD/DVD's/CD's nor music BD/DVD's/CD's.

It is designed for copying, copy protection removal & encoding of BD/DVD video/movies only."

In other words, it may be possible but Fab makes no claim to do so and there will be no support for this process. If you wish to try it, you are on your own.
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Hi,
              Try these links:

Comment

An error with Wii games.
                Last Saturday, my siblings were playing on the Wii and the games were working fine until the game screen turned black and said "an error accurred. please eject the game and turn off your Wii. Please refer to your system manual" Could someone help me?

EDIT by Mod: I removed your signature, discussion of backing up the material you purchased or own is only allowed on this forum. Links to any sites that discuss Piracy is not allowed.
                Last edited by W&B; 12-22-2009, 04:19 PM. Reason: removed links

Comment

As a new member with only one post, welcome to this forum.

You may have not yet read the "Forum Rules". Please take the time to do so and ensure that you comply with them.

Also ensure that you use common courtesy whilst on this forum and that means not hijacking someone else's thread.

This is not a WII forum so do not post for help of this kind here!!!

Comment

Hey W&B,
                    I believe Troy512 used what is called "the homebrew channel"

Comment

I use USB Gecko, works like a charm. My Wii is chipped. Been doing this for quite some time, understand now you can basically do soft mods now.....but the issue is making the backup disc.

Very easy with the Gecko, at least for me !!
                      AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

Someone may well prove me wrong & start a long discussion; but, I believe the short answer is no.

Comment

Working...
                        X