Media Players/Cinavia Solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Media Players/Cinavia Solution

I think this will be a good thread to start with the introduction of Cinavia in all players after Feb 2012. Please post any questions you might have about media players, I'm kinda new to them myself but do have experience with them as a few of the other members also do too! I currently have a Dune Duo and a HiMedia 900B. I cannot get over how good the Dune is and the jukebox imuse with it!
    For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Hey DZ,

I'm not quite connecting the dots here so help me out.

Media players are not subject to Cinavia DRM, at least those that don't support internal/external BD players already infected or soon to be infected with Cinavia.
    I suspect these (hdd players) represent the vast majority of players.

I know for eg. that Dune BD Prime would be affected since it has an internal BD player.

Are these "hybrid" players the ones you're talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by regnad kcin View Post
      Hey DZ,

I'm not quite connecting the dots here so help me out.

Media players are not subject to Cinavia DRM, at least those that don't support internal/external BD players already infected or soon to be infected with Cinavia.
      I suspect these (hdd players) represent the vast majority of players.

I know for eg. that Dune BD Prime would be affected since it has an internal BD player.

Are these "hybrid" players the ones you're talking about?
      They are not infected like your BD rom in you computer is not!! I think even though they pay for a BD license well some do like Dune, being from Russia I think they are able to get past it! Dune will never let there players be subjected to the protection!! I will try and get ahold of Mike and duneplayer and ask him about this, but at CES when I was talking to him about the new Sigma SoC which might implement Cinavia, he said that Dune is not worried one bit! My Duo does not have a BD Drive I use Fab to back up the movies then transfer them to the player!
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by DiabloZoe View Post
        They are not infected like your BD rom in you computer is not!
        Yes, I know...
        Media players are not subject to Cinavia DRM, at least those that don't support internal/external BD players already infected or soon to be infected with Cinavia
        Hence my question.
        What media players are you referring to in your first post?

Comment

Yes, I know...

Hence my question.
          What media players are you referring to in your first post?
          Dune D1,H1,Duo,smart,max HiMedia 900, iconbit, Measy , Kaiboer, micca, PCH

Comment

I know DZ has just acquired a Dune (not sure what model) and also now has a HiMedia (900B?) so may be referring to them.

I have 3 newies myself, a Kaiboer 530i, WDTV Live Hub & AC Ryan Mini 2.

No signs of Cinivia infection and going through their forums, there are no plans to implement.
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Sorry DZ, didn't see you there. Must be on my slow meds today!!
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                I know DZ has just acquired a Dune (not sure what model) and also now has a HiMedia (900B?) so may be referring to them.

I have 3 newies myself, a Kaiboer 530i, WDTV Live Hub & AC Ryan Mini 2.

No signs of Cinivia infection and going through their forums, there are no plans to implement.
                Yes what he said! The dune is the Duo and I did own the live hub! I really like the UI on the hub the best! Unfortunately it does not output DTSMA. While none of these have built in BD drives as GregiBoy has stated there has been no mention to implement Cinavia in any of there respected forums.

Comment

Originally posted by DiabloZoe View Post
                  While none of these have built in BD drives as GregiBoy has stated there has been no mention to implement Cinavia in any of there respected forums.
                  Exactly.

For the record, I picked up my first media player 2-3 years ago, an Argosy HV335T...a solid, entry level player
                  My last purchase is an AIOS HD MP...great player and no downside, not that I've discovered.
                  Obviously, cinavia in not an issue with either one.

Comment

Exactly.

For the record, I picked up my first media player 2-3 years ago, an Argosy HV335T...a solid, entry level player
                    My last purchase is an AIOS HD MP...great player and no downside, not that I've discovered.
                    Obviously, cinavia in not an issue with either one.
                    So what dots did you need connected? This thread is to inform users of the fact there are media players out there, that are a great alternative to bluray players, and some of the better points and reasons to get one! And the fact of right now they will not have to deal with cinavia.

Comment

There ain't no dots to connect.....

The principle works and works well. I've been preaching it for bloody years and now DZ sounds like a disciple...

GB

Comment

Hard to beat a good media player with 11Tb of storage and running a nice, clean, well maintained YAMJ movie jukebox.

Even the girlfriend can run it easily.

Comment

The title of the thread threw me...didn't realize you were just starting another thread about media players.

I just read too much into it.
                          Thanks for the clarification

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                            Hard to beat a good media player with 11Tb of storage and running a nice, clean, well maintained YAMJ movie jukebox.

Even the girlfriend can run it easily.
                            Have you checked out My Movies?

Comment

The title of the thread threw me...didn't realize you were just starting another thread about media players.

I just read too much into it.
                              Thanks for the clarification
                              No prob!

Comment

Working...
                              X