No announcement yet.

Media Players/Cinavia Solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah but prefer YAMJ/Thumbgen combination.

Originally posted by DiabloZoe View Post
    Have you checked out My Movies?
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
      Yeah but prefer YAMJ/Thumbgen combination.
      I had some issues setting it up, but once up and running it's great and the iPad/iPhone app is crazy! Browse and hit play your done!
      For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

I refuse to use iPigs....
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Ok they have a great android app too! For the people who refuse to use iproducts!
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

I'm looking at getting a media player to replace my PS3 and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations? I was looking at something that will play BD ISO files, HD audio (Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD MA) and cost around or under $300 (US). I have been looking over the Dune website and really like the specifications of the HD Smart D1 but I am wondering about the websites to order it from the US. They look kind of shady. Has anyone from the US ordered a Dune player and what website or store did you get it from? I am open to any other player also.

Comment

Originally posted by rockyhahn View Post
              I'm looking at getting a media player to replace my PS3 and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations? I was looking at something that will play BD ISO files, HD audio (Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD MA) and cost around or under $300 (US). I have been looking over the Dune website and really like the specifications of the HD Smart D1 but I am wondering about the websites to order it from the US. They look kind of shady. Has anyone from the US ordered a Dune player and what website or store did you get it from? I am open to any other player also.
              Mike over at duneplayer.com is great that guy will take of you 100% tell him Jason sent ya! Dune is the way to go very reputable and probably the most solid player on the market! But ther are allot of alternitives!

Comment

DiabloZoe,

YOU, sir, are THE MAN!

Dune HD Smart D1, here I come!

You're THE MAN, too, GregiBoy, as I believe you were the first to mention these types of players!
                Last edited by SuperFist; 02-19-2012, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperFist View Post
                  DiabloZoe,

YOU, sir, are THE MAN!

Dune HD Smart D1, here I come!

You're THE MAN, too, GregiBoy, as I believe you were the first to mention these types of players!
                  If your in the states get ahold of Mike at dunplayer.com!! I hope other users find this thread helpfull!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DiabloZoe View Post
                    Mike over at duneplayer.com is great that guy will take of you 100% tell him Jason sent ya! Dune is the way to go very reputable and probably the most solid player on the market! But ther are allot of alternitives!
                    That is the positive response I was looking for. Thanks DiabloZoe!

Comment

I don't own any Dune products, but they have the reputation of being among the best...arguably, the best of the best.

For anyone looking for a more economical mp, I have a Pivos AIOS HD Media Center.
                      I haven't found anything it won't play, including BD .ISO and BD .mkv.
                      So far, I'm not seeing a downside to this player.

Currently at Amazon and Newegg for $90 and $100 (US), respectively
                      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

I do agree 100% with maineman!!! Do your research!! I didn't when I purchased the 900B!! Its not the worst player out there but it has allot of bugs dues to the new chip set!! There are some of the new model Dunes with the Gigabit LAN and some other improvements, But most of the units or 100M which works fine for streaming!! Also for the dune there are a number of jukebox's out there that work with dune products!! I use My Movies and its awesome!!! Especially the iPad/iPhone app!!!

Comment

Can only agree. Do your research....

I have had many great successes and many dismal failures over the years I have been using media players.

I was fortunate a lot of the time as my company was importing them to Oz, so I was able to try a lot of demo models. (Not doing it anymore, though)..

That certainly helped me establish in my mind what were my criterea for selection of a player.

First and foremost though, it's gotta play everything I throw at it.

The kids gave me an AC Ryan Mini HD2 for Christmas and I am honestly quite impressed for a $100 player.

Comment

The first player I had was the WD live hub, the ui was great and the jukebox was perfect only problem is it would not pass DTSMA or HD so it had to go!! Then I picked up the Himedia 900B well lets just say its NEW! And while I was setting up CES I went to the Dune booth to see whats in store!!!! Talked with Mike and liked what I heard!! Went back to CES for tear out and talked to Mike again and he twisted my arm into picking up a Dune...The Himedia is in the bedroom and the Dune is the main player! Once I got the jukebox up and running I was very impressed! I will stick with Dune from now on!!!

Comment

Bad News On The Dune H1 Front!

It is not my intention to resurrect dead threads for no reason, I have one. I wanted share my experience with the Dune HD Smart H1 media player that I previously mentioned here.

The Dune H1 is advertised to play DVD and Blu-ray folders straight from ripping them with DVDFab. That's all fine and dandy but it won't even recognize two of my external HDDs - a 4TB Samsung D3 Station and a 3TB Toshiba Canvio Desk! I even tried updating it to the later firmware versions and no dice! Here's the kicker - they are recognized just fine in my cheap Sony BDP-BX510 blu-ray player for goodness sake!

I am so crestfallen about searching for the perfect media player to do what I need it to, it looks like I may have to resort to building my own HTPC instead.

Comment

I assume you've formatted GPT on drives that large, if not you need to. and try partitioning one of them to 2TB or less. A lot of media players have trouble accessing drives over 2TB without some special handling including mine. 2TB is no problem on mine but 3TB will not even be recognized.
                                How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                                Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X