CRF side by side 3d feedback & review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CRF side by side 3d feedback & review

I Used The Great Gatsby for outstanding color,Rain and Fog because they are hard for any encoder/decoder to process and time of movie was 2 hours 22 mins.Also Used Startrek Into The Darkness for fast moving action,also long running time over 2 hours.They both were letterboxed so the resolution was 1920x800 and about half that for the second frame of the 2 frame side by side 3d.I used m2ts normal 3d profile with audio copy preserving the HD soundtracks.

Test tv was a 60 inch 3d Samsung plasma tv with color temperature set to ISF 6500K standards and color decoder set for HDTV and 3d settings adjusted for 3d viewing as close as ISF could get them to exact.For those that don't know this is about a $300 adjustment to a tv to get the gray scale to track evenly across all colors of gray making all colors as they should really be so you see grass as green but not green yellow or eye popping green something tv makers do to get the tvs to look different from other tvs in the showroom.Brightness contrast and all other setting such as Gama were set proper with special test disks and filters.

I used cuda with CRF set at 20 and compared it to the normal Fab decoder using cuda and normal speed and also compared it to the 50 gig iso of each disk.My computer is only a 2 core model so decode times were 3.5-4.5 hours.

The Great Gatsby 50 gig iso full 3d iso has pop off the screen color and very sharp details this carried over in both the versions of the side by side with CRF being so close to the 50 gig iso it was very hard to tell them apart and this is outstanding as full 3d is 1080 in each eye where side by side is 1080 in one eye the other eye about half resolution or less in the other eye as this is a letter-boxed movie.

Now I do have to say even the regular decoder produced a outstanding side by side.Just a tad less clear than the CRF decoder.The 3d effects were just a little clearer in the CRF version the regular decoder produced a side by side 8.30 gigs the CRF produced a side by side 13.2 gigs set at 20.

The main difference i could see was in the movie their was fog in different parts of the movie the CRF decoder did a better job with no ringing or moor patterns that I saw in the non CRF side by side.Believe it or not rain a difficult thing for encoders both did a good job their were many rain parts in the movie a reason I chose it for the test.

This is also a very good movie for those who didn't see it yet.The sharp details were only a tad better with CRF.

These disks are very well made.Their are a lot of close ups and these came with great details in both decoders and both movies tested.

Startrek Into The Darkness has lots of fast action and both decoders did a good job here also with CRF just a tad sharper with great 3d effects and good depth of field.This is a long movie also 1920x800 letterboxed so theirs less resolution to work with.The CRF was a tad sharper and also very hard to tell from the 50 gig full 3d iso that's 1080x1080 in each eye.On a 60 inch screen this is really saying how good both decoders are.

Just so you know I don't work for Fab and posted this as Wilson asked for feedback for the new CRF decoder.
Working...
X