No announcement yet.

Windows 10 slowdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just letting it set there it finally booted up and ran 15 minutes later BUT now the RIPPER is GONE AGAIN!!! it just sets there and does nothing set there with that find subtitle BS on it... This is why I reinstalled Windows 10 I bounced back to Windows 7 and it worked like a champ then I went back to Windows 10 and installed this the first thing and it worked like a champ.. this is the thread I started on that issue never figure it out but I'm back to this issue again....

<span style="color:blue"><b> <span style="color:red"> </b></span>

Comment

I was sitting here reading my older post and started looking at Wilson wang sent me an older thread about the NVidia driver I just remember that I updated the NVidia driver earlier today before I started to use Fab. So we may be back to the graphic driver again. I'll look at that first thing in the morning and reverse back to an older driver if I can or see if Fab has a Beta out. Either one I don't want to do a full install of Windows again just to fix this problem there is got to be an easier way.

Comment

368.22 came out yesterday and it works fine. You didn't install an insider version of W10 did you?
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
          368.22 came out yesterday and it works fine. You didn't install an insider version of W10 did you?
          What's an inside version of W10???

Comment

You can signup for insider preview versions of Windows 10, I assume you didn't.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Okay bright an early this morning had to run the wife's brand new car down to dealership battery died. DL the Beta 9.2.4.3 I think. It installed and closed itself. Then started app took 23sec to boot up happy with that so on to ripper I went started it nothing then I thought lets get rid of the GPU encoding so turned off all software encoding and she works again I don't know what the time is between software and non software is. But ran into another interesting thing if I let the Fab update itself it hiccups again it will install but never close itself so you have to Task Manager and End Task so turned around and reinstalled the Beta that I DL this morning and bingo worked fine. I'll DL the update from site and manually install and see if it works that way.. Nope from a fresh install it will not close itself after installing it has to be manually closed. Still playing with it.

Comment

I have been having nothing but problems. I couldn't get 9244 to install...just hung at "Finishing Installation".

Tried to uninstall, and it got hung up. Finally was able to uninstall via Revo Uninstaller.

Now it took about 25 minutes to install 9244, and more than 10 minutes to load the app.

It had been very slow loading for about 2 weeks now...I just figured it was some license server that was overloaded.

Once I had 9244 loaded, I went into Ripper, added a movie to rip to Apple TV 3...set the options, and then clicked Start...it took it 3 minutes 41 seconds to begin the rip.
                Last edited by WallySchwarz; 05-25-2016, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Will someone try this and let me know if it helped them?!

I went into Windows Defender, clicked on Settings, and then EXCLUDED the c:\program files(86)\DVDFab 9 directory.

Start up time went back to like 10 seconds on my tries.

Comment

I did as you suggested and the startup time went from a few minutes back to less than 10 seconds again. Thank you!

Originally posted by WallySchwarz View Post

I went into Windows Defender, clicked on Settings, and then EXCLUDED the c:\program files(86)\DVDFab 9 directory.

Start up time went back to like 10 seconds on my tries.

Comment

That does work but probably not a good idea, Fab uses the Internet to check license and BR decryption keys. Lots of chances to pickup creeping nastiness along the route. I'll just wait until its sorted.

Albert Einstein

Comment

90312...at least we have isolated the problem so that the developers can contact the Windows Defender group for resolution.

As for picking up a virus, I doubt that...the program opens a socket to a known, trusted server, and expects a well formed response.

Comment

Suit yourself, I'll just boot to 7 and wait it out.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Maybe that explains why I'm not having any problems. I just went in my settings and noticed that Windows Defender is disabled. Virus protection - Spyware and unwanted software protection is on but, has my anti-virus program as monitoring them.
                            CBR929
                            Last edited by CBR929; 05-26-2016, 01:26 AM.
                            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by WallySchwarz View Post

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (no insider version)

Couldn't even update the program (hang on the last part) or uninstall or run the program. This solved everything. Thanks!

Last edited by Gummigutta; 05-26-2016, 03:07 AM.

Comment

Not for me. The program will not start, only the monkey appears shortly. I´ve tried all tipps, also cleaned the registry and reinstalled the software - installation is no problem. But no chance to start it.

Comment

Working...
                                X