Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Utterly disappointed Nvidia 2080 video compression performance!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you mean you're disappointed in the compression of the RTX 2080? I just jumped from a GTX 1080 Ti to an RTX 2080 and the compression is awesome.

Correction: The Atomic Blonde was 15.5Gb using the GTX 1080 Ti, so by using the RTX 2080 the file size was significantly smaller.

So if you're disappointed in the RTX 2080 and the compression then your not doing something right. I'm almost getting close to software compression size, only about a 2Gb - 3Gb difference. With the GTX 1080 Ti the gap between hardware and software compression was quite significant.

Also all this talk about how the Turing is worse than Pascal because the Pacal cards have two seperate chipsets for encoding and decoding. The Turing have combined that into one chip making it more efficient and even faster and able to compress video quite substantially compared to the Pascal. So that discussion should be moot.
    Last edited by AcIDc0r3; 07-20-2019, 07:40 PM.

Comment

The performance or the time takes to encode is about the same for 2080 and 1080ti for me. I even have 2 EVGA 2080Ti in there, and it only improves slightly. Waiting for 3080Ti at the moment.

Comment

Working...
      X