X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• signals
    replied
    I think enough has been said on this topic. If there is new information, start a new thread.

Leave a comment:

• Little fruit fly
    replied
    These 2 Pioneer trashes are going to be returned, I wish I could send back the BDR-209 I got 3 years ago too.

F**k the A(space intentionally)A(space intentionally)C(space intentionally)S or I called it A Ass Commie Sucker. This thing is not supposed to be that difficult to crack; it is nothing but a 256bit key A (space intentionally) E (space intentionally) S, totally vulnerable without rolling seed. If it is mil(space intentionally)itary grade like Com(space intentionally)Sec which use 512bit A (space intentionally) E (space intentionally) S with rolling seed then it might be a different story according to Snow (space intentionally) den.

Leave a comment:

• pacman
    replied
    LG and Asus are currently the drives that the downgrade tool is targeting. Pioneer might be a bit harder to circumvent because of the AACS chip so it might take the developers a bit longer to work out how to downgrade ( or even if they can downgrade)

Leave a comment:

• Little fruit fly
    replied
    People, don't buy Pioneer burners, be it the BDR-211UBK or BDR-S11J-BK for UHD. Not only both have rip lock like the previous gen BDR-209, pathetic S11J doesn't even read UHD disc, at least DVDFab doesn't read with it. I hope the upcoming DVDFab utility would able to mod the firmware for Pioneer burners, or I will return them.

Leave a comment:

• Little fruit fly
    replied
    I would assume Prime members get to use the downgrade firmware tool for free.

Leave a comment:

• XX14
    replied
    Thanks already read the post..No Idea when But one would think pretty soon after emailing their entire customer base last weekend I got three cause I have three AIOs.

Leave a comment:

• october262
    replied
    Originally posted by XX14 View Post
    I got three emails from Dvdfab about this new down grade firmware tool any ETA on when or if it will be released?
    more news about the downgrade tool - https://www.myce.com/news/dvdfab-ann...-drives-85384/

Leave a comment:

• XX14
    replied
    I got three emails from Dvdfab about this new down grade firmware tool any ETA on when or if it will be released?

Leave a comment:

• cholla
    replied
    Testing to see if I can post.
    If I can I will edit .

Leave a comment:

• Little fruit fly
    replied
    Micro Center has OEM version LG WH60NS40 v1.03 for sale at $60 (normally 70) and the lowest I could find for Asus BW-16D1HT is $95 in the retail box with software and screws. Asus is shooting itself for not having the OEM 16D1HT version like LG WH60NS40 at a lower price.

Leave a comment:

• Little fruit fly
    replied
    Yeah, the idea is to combine the best of both worlds: UHD "friendly" and best burning strategy.

You can cross flash Asus BW-16D1HT, LG WH60NS40 and LGWH60NS60 because they use the same Mediatek MT 1959 chip.

The best flash is to use LGWH60NS40 ROM v1.02, or ASUS 16D1HT v3.02 or LGWH60NS60 v1.00 as the base for UHD "friendly" depends on which drive you have, then replace the 0x001E9000 to the end (the section for the burning strategy) with ASUS 16D1HT v3.03's 0x001E9000 to the end (ASUS has the best burning strategy I found out after test burned about 20 of 25GB, 50GB, and 100GB BD and about 50 of DVD discs). Of course and importantly, replace with the dumped 0x001E8000 to 0x001E84FF (unique to each individual drive).

I buy crappy discs for testing purpose, I don't use them for my backups.
    Last edited by Little fruit fly; 10-29-2018, 10:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• cholla
    replied
    Originally posted by Little fruit fly View Post
    Asus 16D1HT ROM 3.03 has even better burning strategy than WH60NS40 v1.03. Asus 3.03 strategy burns those low quality discs at 10X while LG v1.03 slowly does it at 4X speed, I am talking those crappy DVD discs I got from Circuit City years ago. Again, my standalone Bluray player can play these discs burned by Asus 3.03 and LG v1.03 strategy but cannot play/read those burned by WH60NS60 1.00 or WH60NS40 1.02 or earlier.
    It is my understanding that both Asus 16D1HT ROM 3.03 & WH60NS40 v1.03 are considered UHD "unfriendly" .
    That the 3.02(or lower) & 1.02(or lower) respectively are the firmwares to use for a UHD friendly drive.

I've used some low quality DVD writable blanks but never Circuit City.
    I have standalone DVD players & a standalone blu ray player Both work with almost all DVDs I burn.
    Usually if they don't the computer doesn't either.
    I rarely use my LG drives for burning.
    My usual DVD burner is an IDE drive.
    I believe that is part of the reason I have a good success rate.

I even still have a VCR in my entertainment system just in case.
    Rarely used but it still worked the last time I used it.

Leave a comment:

• Little fruit fly
    replied
    DOSFLASH can not command Pioneer drive correctly, getting "Flash Type: MTK Vendor Intro failed!" Although it detects the drive as Pioneer BD-RW BDR-211M 1.50 correctly.

Leave a comment:

• Little fruit fly
    replied
    Asus 16D1HT ROM 3.03 has even better burning strategy than WH60NS40 v1.03. Asus 3.03 strategy burns those low quality discs at 10X while LG v1.03 slowly does it at 4X speed, I am talking those crappy DVD discs I got from Circuit City years ago. Again, my standalone Bluray player can play these discs burned by Asus 3.03 and LG v1.03 strategy but cannot play/read those burned by WH60NS60 1.00 or WH60NS40 1.02 or earlier.

I did try put WH60NS60 v 1.00 on Asus BW-16D1HT drive with Asus 3.03's burning strategy. Looks like Asus is the best drive among all BD drives in my opinion, at least Asus invests in fine tuning the burning strategy.

Asus 16D1HT uses the same Mediatek MT 1959 chip. Love Mediatek! . I wonder what is inside Pioneer BDR-211UBK??

Leave a comment:

• cholla
    replied
    Good to know the information.
    I still have the original 1.03 dump from my WH60NS40 .
    I could turn the WH60NS40 into a WH60NS60 v 1.00 & then replace the 0x001E9000 to the end with the WH60NS40 v 1.03

That is unless I like the information I.m trying to get on crossflashing a WH60NS60 to an Asus BW-16D1HT.
    Even then it seems like the second part of the WH60NS40 hex edit might be better to use.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X