Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a list anywhere of 4K drives that are optimal with DVDFab?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a list anywhere of 4K drives that are optimal with DVDFab?

My (quite old) Bluray burner (SATA connected in my PC) is about to die so I thought I would look as a 4K capable drive as a replacement.
    Naturally I'm looking for one that works with DVDFab and was wondering what others use and any issues they may have had with them.
    I am only considering 4K reading capability but does need to be able to burn dual layer BluRay.
    I could be convinced of 4K burning if there is sufficient cost/benefit :-)

Scroll down a bit on this page and you'll see all the UHD drives that are recommended/supported. You'll likely need to use DVDFab's "UHD Drive Tool" to downgrade the firmware once you make a purchase.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2021-06-30 205548.jpg Views:	0 Size:	31.9 KB ID:	397031

Last edited by wemickna; 07-01-2021, 04:04 AM.

Comment

Thank you for the quick response.
      Eliminating the laptop and external drives leaves the LG WH16NS60.
      I'm in Australia and LG doesn't supply this locally so I'll have to look at international shipping, so I want to get the decision right before purchasing.

For people who are using this drive, what are your experiences wirth DVDFab?
      The specs from LG specify an Intel chipset of SGX for UHD system requirements, there is a * indicating a footnote but I can't find that anywhere. My system is AMD rather than Intel and has the AMD X570 chipset, would this be an issue for UHD?

Thanks again

Comment

I am using the LG WH16NS60 with an AMD X570 board in an external USB enclosure and its been working fine. I haven't tested through SATA with X570 but it worked with my previous AMD board through SATA so either way is probably fine.

Comment

gday mate
          i was downgrading lg bh16ns55 bluray burners and selling them worldwide from nsw before the downgrading tool was released.
          i had success downgrading firmware from version 1.04 down to version 1.02 (version 1.02 is uhd compatable).
          i do not know what the latest bh16ns55 firmware is but check on the dvdfab website to check compatability with the downgrade tool if the firmware version is above 1.04
          there are heaps of bh16ns55 available in Australia, just do a search on lg bh16ns55 and you will find them on ebay as well as computer shops
          the lg bh16ns55 can burn uhd up to 100 gb on disc.
          dvdfab products can compress uhd files toburn and to fit on 50gb and 25gb discs

Comment

i forgot to say that my drives were and still are compatible with all dvdfab software and i had assisted a lot of satisfied users of the bh16ns55 downgraded drives

Comment

The NS55 is a great drive. They used to come with fw 1.02 and worked fine on UHD discs.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
              X