X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 inno accuracy with dvdfab claims

Hello,
    How are you ?

There is a tiny thing i would like to tell you...
    for the latest release there is a claiming like:

* New: VSO pattin coffin driver will not be installed by default now, since VSO burning engine doesn't need it on Windows XP SP3 and above.
    well this is not 100% so because of one feature inno setup compiler has... we must take into consideration it's own settings to adjust the software the way we desire...

let me explain:
    By default, inno memorizes the way a previous version of the same piece of software had like options... if we ticked one feature or another... it keeps that in memory and if we reinstall the same software again or the same software but another version... it simply sugests the previous settings we selected... so if untill yesterday th installation of dvdfab had as default ticked the option of pattin couffin ... even if we used inside the inno .iss file the option "unchek" ... it is not enough IN THE SPECIFIC SITUATION OF INSTALLING A NEW VERSION OVER THE OLD ONE WITHOUT UNINSTALLING THE OLD FIRST...
    But, to solve this we must add a new command under the [setup] section of the iss file ... that acts only upon that thing only, not altering anything else ! it will always sugest the default settings even if we reinstall 1000 times over an existing version
    that command is:

UsePreviousTasks=No

yes I know that usually we have to make a clean installation , let's say first uninstall the previous, then install the new version... but not everyone does it and for conformity with the claims made into the history log, rather you consider that sir, using that command under setup section... I saw it quietly replaces the old files if found... but we have to respect the inno requirements to fully adjust the software to what we desire... and behave strictly as we intended

sorry for my english

bye
    Last edited by dvdfat; 12-05-2010, 01:49 PM.
Working...
X