Is it possible to copy entire DVD to Windows Media for Win 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible to copy entire DVD to Windows Media for Win 7

I've been saving all my movies as WMV files (for my TV) and IPAD files. I've noticed that the ICONS do not appear in Windows Media and this is annoying. I've also been concerned about space but that's not a problem anymore. I would like to save the entire dvd so WM can open it just like a dvd. IS that possible and how?

Hi liam0930,

You can use DVD Ripper - iPad option to convert DVDs, but one title will be converted correspondingly to one iPad format file. If you choose 5 titles, then you would get 5 respective files, the current DVDFab can not support to merge them to one large single fie for output as of now. But we will consider and try to implement this feature in future version. Have a nice day!

Sincerely,
    Sunny
    ________
    Vaporizer affiliate
    Last edited by sunny; 04-21-2011, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Sorry, I'm not being clear. I like the idea of saving to multiple formats that allows me to pick and choose what to save on my IPAD. What I'm really trying to do is clear the trouble I have when I search for movies in Windows Media Center. When I open WMC and go to MOVIES it only shows a box w/the name of the VOB file, it doesn't have a Picture of the title like it does with the original DVD. My thought was to copy the DVD, as is, to my computer. I'll add a screen shot later if I need too. Maybe that can help explain.
      Last edited by liam0930; 12-20-2010, 06:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by liam0930 View Post
        When I open WMC and go to MOVIES it only shows a box w/the name of the VOB file, it doesn't have a Picture of the title like it does with the original DVD. My thought was to copy the DVD, as is, to my computer. I'll add a screen shot later if I need too. Maybe that can help explain.
        Hi liam0930,

For your problem, please click the round green icon button with a check mark at the right top corner of the DVDFab screen,
        and open Common Settings->DVD Copy, and check "create dvdid.xml which can be used by Windows Media Center".

Please check the illustration in the attachment.

Best regards,
        Anny
        DVDFab Support Team
        Attached Files

Comment

Is this what you see

do what Anny said and most of the DVDs will have art work but not all as the dvdid.xml created by DVDFab does not work for all DVDs
          Attached Files

Comment

Great, These are exactly what I'm looking for.

Thanks

Comment

Also for the ones that are not created correctly you can go to dvdxml.com and download what is needed as they have a database of over 30,000

Comment

Working...
              X