Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab prevents MS Outlook from Sending Mail

Hi,
    Wondering if anyone else is seeing this problem. I'm not sure when it started, but it's been very recently, as I have been using DVDFab and Outlook for several years now, side-by-side, with no issues. So, basically, what I currently have is DVDFab 8.0.6.8 installed. I run Outlook 24/7. I start DVDFab to rip a DVD, it does it's thing, perfectly. While it's doing it's thing (or even after it's done), I try to send an email in Outlook... and it just hangs in the Outbox. I can close DVDFab, and try and re-try to send the email, but it just hangs there. So, I have to restart Outlook, and then the email sends immediately. Normal operation returns to Outlook until the next time I run DVDFab, then I have to do this all over again to turn back on email sending. So, I realize it could be any number of things.... from DVDFab doing something differently, or even a Microsoft Outlook patch that I auto-downloaded as part of MS Update... but I just started seeing this behavior within the past couple months... and wanted to see if anyone else is witnessing this behavior.
    Thanks,
    Brian

Haven't heard of such issue and DVDFab isn't doing anything with other applications.
    You may try with latest DVDFab (8072).
    Which version of Outlook are you running exactly?
    人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
    Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

If you are using DVDFab at work, I would talk to your SysAdmin if I were you.
      I'm referring to work because most people use MS Outlook at work(Corporate network & PCs).

Comment

Yeh, I hadn't gotten much time to try an upgrade, or to go back and experiment with an older version, I'm not at an all stop, just an annoyance at this point. Just happened to be perusing the forum and wanted to see if anyone else had seen anything like this. I agree that it's very odd that DVDFab would have any effect on Outlook, which is why I'm perplexed. I'm certainly not here to blame or accuse DVDFab (been a great program for me for years), but I do know that the correlation between the problem and running DVDFab is sitting exactly at 100%. A bit more info, I'm running Windows 7, Outlook 2007, and no not at work, so there's nothing "new" with any network or policies... just my desktop, my cablemodem, and my little ol' router I've been using for years. No domain or network policies in play.

Comment

This sounds like a poorly designed anti-virus software problem. Ripping with DVDFab causes large files to be created on the hard drive to which the anti-virus feels compelled to read through. These files are large and are probably stacked in a queue. The anti-virus probably also checks email in and out but is too busy at that time.

I'm completely guessing here but you might try disabling your anti-virus or just leave it in the out box for a hour and see if it eventually sends.

Comment

I run Outlook 2007 and DVDFab together on both XP and W7 64 bit with no problems at all.
            I use the entire Office 2007 suite without issue.
            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
            Albert Einstein

Comment

Hi triggerx,

Please uninstall and reinstall the latest version of DVDFab 8.0.7.3 at http://www.dvdfab.com/download.htm.

Please open "Common Settings" window by checking the green check mark in the upper right corner of DVDFab main screen, go to General/Diagnosis, cancel the option "run report program when DVDFab crashes" to see the result.

Comment

Working...
              X