Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NAS and Streaming Movies to NookColor (NC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NAS and Streaming Movies to NookColor (NC)

For those that watch movies on your NC around the house you can stream movies to your NC. I had a large collection of movies and side loading them is a hassle. I posted previously about using a webserver (IIS - comes with Windows Home Premium) to serve the movies. This works ok but I use the PC for work related items and sometimes it can bog down serving movies and doing work.

I have a backup NAS drive (Netgear ReadyNas Duo - 4T). It has a built in webserver that I never use. I enabled the webserver. The first try did not work but I later enabled WebDAV and it worked perfectly. This works so much better. My PC does not get bogged down and it can be off. I setup security so each user needs a password. Also, I can created partitions for children and adult movies. It has about 1T of movies. No need to buy large microSD cards.

I have an NC profile posted:

Use volume 200%

Unfortunately DVDFab does not have an option to put the movie in a video streaming format. This means moving the movie info to beginning of the file. There is a free program called mp4Faststart that does this. There are also other video converters that do this properly.

If you want to see a demo of this go to archive.org and click on a movie in 512kbMP4 format.
    Last edited by billbell52; 04-15-2011, 06:09 PM.
Working...
X