Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Navigation (Change DVD playback order)

Greetings.

Curious if someone could help me with a question.
    I have a DVD that I put in my XP machine with DVDFab 6 and noticed that the option for "jump to the first menu" was greyed out. I double checked that pathplayer was enabled and it was.

Thinking that it was because it was an older version, I updated to DVDFab8 and got the same results. Reading online saw someone else had the problem which was solved by installing the DVDFab8qt so I tried that. This came up slightly different in that the boxes were not greyed out but were white however still couldn't be checked. I then went to my Windows7 that had an earlier version of DVDFab8 and presto the menu had the option to change DVD playback and it worked fine.

I know my XP computer use to allow me to do it and I didn't change any of the DVDFab settings. I hate to update my windows 7 machine now in fear that it to won't work. I don't think it is the version number but at this point don't know. Any suggestions?

One thing that I did turn off was autoplay on my DVDplayer on the XP machine but I wouldn't think that would have anything to do with it.

If it helps I am in Full disk mode and all the settings on DVDFab8 and qt are at default. The only box checked is Copy DVD-video.

Any suggestions?

I just tried a couple movies on my XP laptop on both versions 8.0.8.5 and 8.0.8.7 QT and jump to first menu works fine? Only thing I'm sure about is it is not the version of DVDFab or XP.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks for the response.

I tried two different DVDs and both worked in the win7 machine (lower version of DVDfab) but neither would work in the XP machine (though other disks worked in the XP machine awhile back).

Other than making sure the pathplayer is enabled (which it is) is there anything else that would make it not allow that option??

Comment

The DVD structure may be the culprit, have you tried others on that computer?
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Would you by chance have Passkey installed and running. If you do exit out of Passkey and give another try

Comment

No have never installed passkey.

Tried a couple of others and they still won't work on the xp machine.

Any other reasons it won't work? Do I need to do anything special on the uninstall before installing a new version?

Comment

The two radio buttons for "jump to..." will be inactive until you put a check mark in the "Change DVD playback order" box just above them. If PathPlayer can't find the main movie and disabled itself (as with some TV episode discs), none of the navigation options will be available since PathPlayer is turned off. Not sure if this is what you are seeing or not. It is working fine for me with v8085 and Win7.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks signals for responding to the question.
                I am not allowed to put a check in the Change DVD order on my xp computer that is running both the latest version of dvdfab8 and qt.
                My windows7 machine does so there has to be something else about that computer that doesn't allow it. Wasn't sure if there was anything else.
                Pathplayer is enabled and don't have pass key.

Just curious.

Comment

I will try it on my XP machine when I get home Thursday. It should work if PathPlayer can read the disc. Check the Info page and post the text here for the disc you are having trouble with.
                  Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                  Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                  X