Speeding up Blu-ray copy times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speeding up Blu-ray copy times

So im finding, it's taking around 5 hours to rip/compress a Blu-ray, then burn the disk. Burning isn't a issue, as im only using 2x LTH BD-R discs, but the ripping is what takes forever. 4 Hours alone on that.

Im wondering, if there is a faster way to speed up this process? I have a fairly decent PC, so that shouldn't be any issues.

I usually use Blu-Ray copy to do everything. Keep in mind, im only doing the main movie.

I was told by a friend, that it may be better to save the information to my hard drive, which may speed up the process. How do I go about doing this? Im sure it's pretty simple, but I can't figure it out.

Originally posted by Krukester View Post
    I have a fairly decent PC
    Please elaborate some more on this one.
    I was told by a friend, that it may be better to save the information to my hard drive
    Your friend is absolutely correct
    How do I go about doing this?
    First, you copy your BD to HDD uncompressed by setting output as "BD50" with your HDD as destination (output format you can set as image file (.iso) or folder, your choice and makes no difference for next step.
    Second, you select that file/folder you have created in first step, as source and do your magic, i.e. extract main movie and compress your content to a desired size (BD25, BD9, or BD5)
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by Krukester View Post
      I was told by a friend, that it may be better to save the information to my hard drive, which may speed up the process. How do I go about doing this? Im sure it's pretty simple, but I can't figure it out.
      Your friend is correct and it has been posted on the forum many times that it is faster and fewer problems to save to a hard drive.

Set your target/destination as your hard drive.
      See attachment.
      Attached Files

Comment

Oops G, I didn't see you!!! Glad we are on same page, as usual
        And thanks for the pretty picture, I'm so lazy to make them!!!!
        sigpic

Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
          Oops G, I didn't see you!!! Glad we are on same page, as usual
          And thanks for the pretty picture, I'm so lazy to make them!!!!
          Ditto did not see you.
          The pretty pictures are pre-made and saved in a folder for when needed.

Comment

I have a Core 2 Duo processor (2.4 Ghz I think), Nividia Geforce 8600 GTS graphics card, 250 GB HDD.

I built this PC for gaming 3-4 years ago, don't PC game anymore much. Just use it for surfing, and movies really.

Comment

@Krukester
              I hate to disappoint you, but your machine is a bit weak by today's standards. Processor isn't that powerful and your video card doesn't support CUDA acceleration.
              To make story short, your converting time is about right for this machine. All you really can do at this point is to upgrade your videocard, install one that is CUDA-enabled, and that will improve (reduce) processing time. Otherwise, consider building a new machine...
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
                @Krukester
                I hate to disappoint you, but your machine is a bit weak by today's standards. Processor isn't that powerful and your video card doesn't support CUDA acceleration.
                To make story short, your converting time is about right for this machine. All you really can do at this point is to upgrade your videocard, install one that is CUDA-enabled, and that will improve (reduce) processing time. Otherwise, consider building a new machine...
                Yeah. Thats what I thought also. It's alright though. I don't mind taking 4-5 hours to do a Blu-ray, because im usually busy doing other things anyways.
                Last edited by IPopov50; 07-30-2011, 12:42 AM. Reason: use of inappropriate language

Comment

Working...
                X