This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Problem

I recently upgraded from 8.0.5 to the latest release version, 8.1.1.2 Qt. At first all went well, but then I tried the DVD Ripper on "Conan The Destroyer", a vintage 1998 dvd. I tried CUDA encode/decode to start, then Software decode with CUDA encode. Both fail with the same symptoms. I have fallen back to 8.0.5, which works fine.

I have a Core i7-920 cpu with an ASUS P6T mobo. My GPU is an EVGA GTX 285. I have been using 8.0.5 for both DVD and Blu-ray rips successfully for several months.

With the rip, I am trying to create an m4v file for playback on my iPad2. So it is transcoding from mpeg2 to mp4 while it is ripping. As is my standard, I have Other Software loaded at all times - it has never caused any problems, although programs like DVDFab continuously warn against using it. But I have found it necessary for many rips that cannot be done without it.

The video in the resulting bad rip is very jumpy and lags behind the audio playback (which is fine). Many video frames are skipped, but the frames are very slow to advance, changing visible frames at the rate of 1 per 10 seconds or so. Of course, this sounds quite funny on playback, as the audio is on a completely different scene, whilst the video is stuck way back at the beginning of the clip.

I guess I should try a Blu-ray, I haven't had a chance to give that a try yet.
    Last edited by CBR929; 09-13-2011, 12:23 AM. Reason: Forum rules

Latest release now is 8.1.1.8 QT
    Try that out

Removal of new protections may not be available yet in the free version of DVDFab (HD Decrypter)

Help Us Help You :

Troy's excellent tutorial on Setting up ImgBurn with DVDFab :

I use Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim media mainly.
    Trying Falcon D/L media

I use ImgBurn as my main burning engine

Free Media Player VLC

Comment

@pawnslinger
      Just disable the foxware, it should be OK. Set all of your A/V Codec encode/decode settings to all software, your nvidia driver may be out of date.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

My Nvidia driver is absolutely up-to-date! It actually was updated automatically on Saturday. So it is almost always the very latest version (thanks to auto-update).

By Foxware, I assume you refer to Other Software. Disabling this is not acceptable. As I said, some rips are not possible without it. It has never caused any problem, and I seriously doubt that it is causing a problem now. For temporary testing purposes, I would be happy to disable it.

Without Other Software, I have been unable to successfully rip a PAL dvd. As this is important to me, it will remain a part of my system routinely used.
        Last edited by CBR929; 09-13-2011, 10:11 AM. Reason: Forum rules

Comment

Originally posted by bean55 View Post
          Latest release now is 8.1.1.8 QT
          Try that out
          The latest link in the forum here is:

"Sticky: From Fengtao DVDFab 8.1.1.2 Qt is out (August 8, 2011)"

I do not find a more recent release. I would be happy to try a newer release, would you please post a link to it?

Comment

Look under "Latest Beta Versions" heading. v8.1.1.9 Beta is now out. Disable the foxware or accept that DVDFab may not work correctly per the Fab developers. You don't have to uninstall it, just disable it. DVDFab has tens of thousands of users in PAL countries.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi pawnslinger
              I have edited 2 of your posts, please do not mention other software by name this is a DVD Fab forum.
              Thank you
              CBR929
              Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                Look under "Latest Beta Versions" heading. v8.1.1.9 Beta is now out. Disable the foxware or accept that DVDFab may not work correctly per the Fab developers. You don't have to uninstall it, just disable it. DVDFab has tens of thousands of users in PAL countries.
                Ehhh... yeah, that's the point though, isn't it? I don't live in a PAL country, and my BD is region 1. Without Other Software I have not been able to bypass the region code. Does DVDFab have the ability to bypass the region code? If not, I need a product like Other Software.

DVDFab 8.0.5 works fine with Other Software. I do not believe that is the issue I am running into here. Perhaps Other Software is an issue in some other cases, but not in anything I have been doing... otherwise, I would not have purchased lifetime license for DVD Ripper.

If this is now an issue with newer versions of DVDFab, I guess I am stuck... but probably will look for product compatible with my setup. It is too bad, because I really like DVDFab 8.0.5. I guess I will continue to use as long as it works.

PS: Sorry to hear that latest version is a beta. I have my own problems, so no desire to run beta.
                Last edited by CBR929; 09-13-2011, 12:37 AM. Reason: Forum rules

Comment

Yep, Fab has the ability to bypass the Region coded without Other Software enabled.

And as stated, it could be one of your issues with both Fab & Other Software competing to remove encryption/regions, etc.

The hints & tips have been given to you for a reason... Coz they usually work!!!
                  Last edited by CBR929; 09-13-2011, 12:38 AM. Reason: Forum rules
                  "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                    Yep, Fab has the ability to bypass the Region coded without Other Software enabled.

And as stated, it could be one of your issues with both Fab & Other Software competing to remove encryption/regions, etc.

The hints & tips have been given to you for a reason... Coz they usually work!!!
                    No doubt, you are right!!

My problem is that DVDFab 8.0.5 works!! The newer release doesn't... I think that 8.0.5 should (or shouldn't) work in the same manner as the newer version. Of course, all of this could be caused by the configuration file not moving over when I upgraded... because I seem to remember this problem happening before, and I was able to configure around it. But I am darned if I recall what option I had to set (or which program, for that matter). In other words, I've have seen this before, and I don't remember how or if I was able to fix it. It may be that in all of the programs I have played with over the years, this problem occurred in one that got left by the wayside.

Oh well, 8.0.5 works, I am happy with that (for now anyway).

PS: I couldn't tell you why, but I canNOT rip a PAL disc without Other Software active. DVDFab refuses the disc (or rather Vista refuses it), if Other Software is not active. I am running Vista 64 Ultimate, and it doesn't like discs with a different region code... because Other Software acts as a "driver", it can catch things before Vista notices an out-of-region disc in the player. Or at least that is my limited understanding of things. I believe that there is a competitive product sold by DVDFab, perhaps I should switch to it. I think it is called Passkey -- if I were to switch over to the DVDFab equivalent of Other Software would that fix my issue?
                    Last edited by CBR929; 09-13-2011, 01:59 AM. Reason: Repeated mentioning of other software

Comment

Hi pawnslinger
                      Since you have no regard for this forums rules.
                      You have 3 days to think about it.
                      CBR929
                      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
                      X