This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help please

Hi, I have been using dvdfab now for years great program but recently and mainly with the new movies i.e Star Trek, G.I JOE, Angels & Demons and Terminator Salvation DVDFAB looks like its backing it up and oh I am using the new version DVDFAB 6.2.0.5, now I have tried it with pathplayer enabled and disabled but the problem presents itself when I go to watch them in my DVD player which is a fairly new one it says no disc now they play on my computer once DVDFAB backs them up but it will not play the discs. I am using Nero as my burn engine which is also the latest one they have out and have never had a problem with it copying my discs. I know you all need as much information as possible I hope this is enough.

John Berrios

Please try ImgBurn as your burn engine.

There is a an excellent tutorial by troy512 on how to do this on this forum.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

What is ImgBurn ?

I have been using Nero but if ImgBurn works who makes it and is it free.

Comment

Yes, it's free and all experienced members on this forum recommend i by far over any other.

The developer is LightningUK who developed the initial DVDDecryptor.

Links are on this forum. use "SEARCH"
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
          Yes, it's free and all experienced members on this forum recommend i by far over any other.

The developer is LightningUK who developed the initial DVDDecryptor.

Links are on this forum. use "SEARCH"
          Okay now I am confused, and I need help, about the SAME topic.

You say all the experienced members here recommend this over any other.

I used to use DVDFab to decrypt, then DVD Shrink to shrink and finally Nero (which was on my old computer but not my new computer) as this poster does /did to burn, however since joining this forum I now use DVDFab for the whole process.

Surely this is best? OR are you saying burning with this ImgBurn is even better than burning with DVDFab??

Comment

Fab can use the default VSO burning engine, or be configured to use ImgBurn or Nero, and as I said, most of us find Img more reliable and more configurable.

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
              Fab can use the default VSO burning engine, or be configured to use ImgBurn or Nero, and as I said, most of us find Img more reliable and more configurable.
              Thank you, but I am still a bit confused.

IF I am currently using ONLY DVDFab for the whole process, and I am happy with it, surely that is the best OR would you still recommend this ImgBurn.

Comment

Originally posted by davidh View Post
                IF I am currently using ONLY DVDFab for the whole process, and I am happy with it
                If you're happy with it then I wouldn't bother to change, but you're not only using DVDFab DVDFab is simply packaged with another freeware burning engine by default. Personally I find DVD burning over-rated, I'd rather just keep it on my hard drive and stream it where I need it than double the number of DVD's I've got laying around

Comment

Originally posted by jdbower View Post
                  If you're happy with it then I wouldn't bother to change, but you're not only using DVDFab DVDFab is simply packaged with another freeware burning engine by default. Personally I find DVD burning over-rated, I'd rather just keep it on my hard drive and stream it where I need it than double the number of DVD's I've got laying around
                  Yes I realise that, and I don't want to change, I just want to know IF GregiBoy thinks it IS worth it.

I thought that too until my old computer packed up suddenly a few months ago, and I lost everything on it.

Comment

Originally posted by davidh View Post
                    I thought that too until my old computer packed up suddenly a few months ago, and I lost everything on it.
                    That's why I've got two hard drives and sync them to each other using AllWay Sync. This saved me a lot of headache when I lost the primary a few weeks ago after my PC died since I only had to get another drive and restore from backup. Gave me an excuse to upgrade the drives at the same time - went from 4x750GB to 2x2TB with some 750GB drives left over in case I need them.

Regarding the engine, I'm a big fan of the "if it ain't broke" school of thought. On the other hand, if you start having issues it would be the first thing I'd swap out to see if it works any better. I'm sure things have come a long way, but DVD players/media/burn engines were a touchy combination back when I actually did such things and changing needlessly ended up just wasting media.

Comment

Working...
                    X