nib DVD is "blank" in 3 out of 4 dvd/bd burners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Hardware nib DVD is "blank" in 3 out of 4 dvd/bd burners

I purchased a Limited Edition Collection of the old movie "Dark Angel". This new reprint was "made of best sources available". It plays just fine on an LG set top BD590. To make a backup I put the NIB DVD into an ASUS DRW-2014L1T but I was told it was a blank disk and even Nero 11 stated it was empty. I then tried a BluRay burner: LG WH10LS30 and same problem. I then tried another system (both win7x64 and intel mombos) that had another ASUS DRW-2014L1T and same problem. However, the BluRay burner iHBS112 on the second system recognized the DVD and DVDFab as well as that old DVDShrink32 were able to see it and I let DVDShrink32 copy it.

I have never had a problem like this before. I checked the event logs and there were no errors or warnings in either system. After the copy was made I moved the DVD back to the Asus burner and same problem: Windows thinks the disk is blank and nero 11 tells me there are no tracks on it. The ISO image from the iHBS112 rip mounts just fine on DVDFabs virtual drive and plays just fine.

Firmware are all up to date on all drives
    Last edited by BeemerBiker; 06-06-2012, 03:22 AM. Reason: mention firmware up to date.
Working...
X