Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Core AVC

Hey guys
    Can anyone explain the benefits (if any) of using core avc for H264 encoding. It appears from what I have read to be a superior codec and is supposed to work with DXVA. I have the option to enable either DXVA or core AVC. If I enable DXVA it makes use of my ATI graphics card (GPU acceleration) for quicker conversion times. Enabling core AVC doesn't seem to make use of my GPU but I wonder is it a better option than software. Any help appreciated.

Core AVC

When I first started with Fab i had an old, very old PC and Core AVC worked very well with my DVD's!

Last December I built my first PC and also upgraded Core AVC, and come to find out it was slower to use it, I have a Nvidia card and set everything to cuda and cuda+software! This is where I get my fastest times!

For me Core AVC and software were very slow times! Also for h264 and everything else cuda!
    Last edited by 8855A; 09-30-2012, 01:27 PM. Reason: Info

Comment

Excuse me, but might I ask what card you have?

Comment

DVDFAB Core AVC

I have the Evga GTX 460 OC, runnig with the i5 2500k cpu, 8gb ram Corsair Vengence!

Comment

The effectiveness of CoreAVC depends on your CPU. If you have an old nvidia GPU but a quad core i7 CPU for instance, you might see some speed increase with CoreAVC decoding.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
          X