Blu Ray drive slow to load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu Ray drive slow to load

I am addressing a continuing problem with loading discs in a Blu-Ray drive with DVDFab.

It takes 8 minutes 15 + or - seconds for DVDfab to recognize a disc (blu-ray or DVD) in my blu ray drive, and when it does, it never fully opens the disc. The PATA DVD drive is recognized right away by DVDfab. The SATA drive is the issue.

This has been an issue with ALL versions of DVDfab new or old. I am running windows 7 (This was not a problem with XP) I have looked for drive conflicts, bad registry entries, more RAM, better graphics card, etc. I just replaced the Samsung Blu-ray drive with an ASUS unit, no change. I reformatted the C drive, and installed a fresh windows 7, with only DVDfab installed, no change. I disconnected all drives in the system but the Bluray drive and the C drive. No change. I have to believe this is a hardware issue, but I can't seem to come up with a reasonable answer.

The key I believe is the fact that DVDfab recognizes the PATA drive right away, but is having problems with SATA. All other programs (VLC, Imgburn, DVDfab inspector, etc) recognize the Blu Ray SATA drive immediately. Only DVDfab itself has this issue.

HELP !!!!

Thanks
Working...
X