Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I check the box under "Copy Original IFO Files" in DVD to DVD-Clone mode?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I check the box under "Copy Original IFO Files" in DVD to DVD-Clone mode?

Dear Members,

I'm sorry if this question has already been posted. I was just wondering if I should check the box under "Copy Original IFO Files" in the DVD to DVD-Clone mode? I would like to archive identical bit-for-bit copies of DVD-9's. I want to make bit-for-bit identical archival quality DVD-9's.

I don't really understand the following passage;

"Copy Original IFO files: This checkbox forces Clone mode to copy the original disc's IFO files exactly, without removing RC/RCE protection and Prohibited User Operations. This will allow technologies such as Clearplay to function correctly with Cloned discs but will leave the protections and control limits mentioned earlier in place. This box should be left unchecked unless your player and disc support Clearplay and you want this function to operate when the backup is played."

Passage taken from;

My main point is what would a purist do? If at some future date I would like to source a DVD-5 from my identical bit-for-bit DVD-9 'MASTER' .ISO copy is this going to be an issue if I check the box 'Copy Original IFO files'. When was this guide written and is this 'Clearplay' thing still an issue these days?

Thanks members and I look forward to any comments that you may have.

DVD Fab questions.

all copy protection and region coding will be present on you backup if you check that. If you do not want that on the back up then do not check it

Comment

Dear AGJ,

Thank you for your prompt reply. I really appreciate it. I will leave the box unchecked in that case.

Thanks again.

Comment

your welcome and I as well leave it unchecked when I decide to use the clone option

Comment

Working...
        X