DVD Ripper vs Video Converter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper vs Video Converter

I have already purchased DVD COPY, which I love. I use other software to convert my files for viewing on my iPad4, but am considering purchasing the DVDFab program.

What is the difference between DVDFab's DVD Ripper and Video Converter? It seems like they both convert file formats. Which would be best for my needs?

Thanks for your help.

If your source content is DVD discs or folders, get DVD Ripper. Video Converter is designed for changing the format of files that have already been decrypted and converted (i.e. AVI to MP4, MKV to AVI, M4v to MKV, etc.). Video Converter can convert the VOB files found on a DVD but it doesn't read the IFO files to stitch them together into a complete movie.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      If your source content is DVD discs or folders, get DVD Ripper. Video Converter is designed for changing the format of files that have already been decrypted and converted (i.e. AVI to MP4, MKV to AVI, M4v to MKV, etc.). Video Converter can convert the VOB files found on a DVD but it doesn't read the IFO files to stitch them together into a complete movie.
      So if I want to convert a DVD so that I can watch it on my iPad4, using DVD Ripper, do I have to rip the DVD a second time or can I just convert the file created by DVD Copy when I backed up my purchased DVD?

Comment

Hi Squeeken
        You can just use the file created by DVD Copy.
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Yes, it will convert much faster too, especially if you run the conversion from an external to internal drive or v/v, i.e. not the same HDD as Source and Save to location.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
          X