No announcement yet.

Slow page loads on forum because of s7.addthis.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All, thanks for your patience with this problem. Sorry for disappearing for a week or so. Things have been hectic.

This problem is not solved. However, I am now having a problem googleadservices.com exhibiting the same symptoms. Not on this site, but on more than one other site. So clearly, the problem is not with the forums here as I may have implied in my original post. Sorry for that.

My OpenDNS settings are set to always block for both sites, and I have filters in firefox for both sites, and my router is set to deny for both sites. Not much more I can do than that.

It would be unreasonable of me to take up any more of your time here looking at a problem that is not DVDFab related.

I do wish to express my thanks to all who contributed and tried to help solve the problem. And of course, the guys from DVDFab. Great product.

thanks
    Tanya

Comment

OMG! I have found the problem.

I am on Optus' NBN @ 100/40. As it turns out the POS hardware they provide behaves in a very strange way with URL filters.

Instead of blocking the URL the Sagemcom F@st 3864 goes into a "timeout mode", waiting for the blocked URL to time out.

I had to use the URL filters because this POS box doesn't even allow you to specify private DNS Servers like OpenDNS. Once I removed the URL from the list all was well, though it was not being blocked.

So adding it to my hosts file solved the problem. Now I have a Billion router, and it blocks URLs properly... Immediately.

Comment

Glad to hear you finally solved the problem you were having with s7.addthis.com

My ASUS DSL-N66U modem has been running rock solid.

The best firmware I've used on it so far has been Version 1.0.7.6
        Just yesturday ASUS released a new Firmware version 1.0.7.7 which I installed and it seems Ok, but this morning I noticed a small quirk which I don't know yet if it'll be repeating itself or not. If it does, I'll be going back to 1.0.7.6 The new version was meant to fix some sort of VDSL problem, but by the looks of things may have reintroduced an old but minor bug which was solved by 1.0.7.6

Hopefully what appears might be a bug will have been nothing more than a fluke this morning.

Comment

I am happy for you Tanya.
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Searching for yourself is a lifetime journey.
          Life is what happens in between.
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
          X