The New BluFab 9.1.3.6 is not BluFab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The New BluFab 9.1.3.6 is not BluFab

I hope I'm in the right place, but when I went to update my software from BluFab 9.1.3.5 to BluFab 9.1.3.6 I get DVDFAB 9.1.3.6 to download. I haven't installed it yet because I don't know if you changed back, or if someone accidently placed to wrong label on the new download. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
    JDUNGY

Sorry about that, I didn't read the new Posts

I just read the thread Potti posted, and it explained everything. I don't mind say I was lost for a little while. Thanks again.
    JDUNGY

Comment

Poor planning on DVDFab's part

The problem is the abrupt DVDFab-becomes-BluFab-becomes-DVDFab strangeness.

When *BluFab* (which was working yesterday) started, it said the 9.1.3.6 upgrade was available. After updating, the version remained at 9.1.3.5 *and* would not work, with the ominous AACS warning.

Then, I saw that BluFab for existing users is back to DVDFab, so I updated *DVDFab* and then had to reenter the registration code. Now, it works, finally.

This back-and-forth really should have been planned better.

Comment

9136 cant register after installing, i'm a life member

can't get 9136 to run?

Comment

Originally posted by HRS2403 View Post
          This back-and-forth really should have been planned better.
          Your points may be valid, but with all due respect, given the pressure the guys are under, I think as much as they try to plan, and want to plan, I'd be surprised if they are getting any sleep trying to deal with the short time frames and pressure they are getting.

Personally, as disruptive as this process may be, I think we need to be a little tolerant and forgiving. I'm sure they are doing their absolute best.

Keep up the good work.

Tanya

Comment

What is the problem people ? I downloaded Fab 9.1.3.6 and it says before I click OK that BluFab will be erased. Meaning NO MORE. Simple really.That's all there is to it.Just download it.

Comment

there should just be one application called blufab, have dvdfab.cn redirect to blufab.cn. Having 2 application will confuse people in the long term.

Comment

It seems that blufab is no longer capable of decrypting dvd or blu ray, dvdfab for lifetime licenses will. Seems to be a clever marketing strategy, because new users will have to buy passkey.

Comment

Originally posted by strachan View Post
                  It seems that blufab is no longer capable of decrypting dvd or blu ray, dvdfab for lifetime licenses will. Seems to be a clever marketing strategy, because new users will have to buy passkey.
                  Maybe it will and maybe it won't...who knows with the way this is all panning out. I have a question though, doesn't Passkey use all the same decryption keys and methods that the Lawyers are complaining about?

Comment

Yes, HTH, made a mistake posting that. Was unaware of the legal problems at the time. Thinking now that Fentago should get together with now, and work something out. doesn't seem to be going anywhere.
                    Last edited by 90312; 03-22-2014, 12:51 AM. Reason: Forum rules

Comment

strachan leave competitors of DVDFab out of the mix, it is against the rules!
                      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                      Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                      X