Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Hardware Hardware to buy for quick sync

Hey chaps and chapettes,

PCs aren't my speciality so could do with a couple pointers I need to look for.
    Wanting to build a new machine but getting confused with CUDA and other acceleration.
    Reading a lot about support being pulled in favour of NVENC? but also some threads saying Quick Sync is faster over using a graphics cards.
    I'm just looking for a machine for the SOLE purpose of ripping/converting bluray to MKV with decent speed at doing so. Current (old) i3 laptop does the job but would like something far quicker.
    When it comes to the processor/motherboard combo, is there anything specific to look for to make QS work for DVDFab? Obviously that the processor supports QS is a given... Does the motherboard have to support anything in particular?
    Does the version of of Intel graphics matter?
    Does how much RAM factor in processing speed?

A lot of questions I know and I do apologise, but its a fair chunk of cash to spend and potentially be wrong....

Oh, I've also read some folk have issues with poor quality conversions when using faster methods - one mentioned something about 'b frames'?
    Any way to combat these issues?

Thanks in advance

Dave
    Last edited by theprimogenitor; 10-31-2015, 07:34 PM.
Working...
X