No announcement yet.

How to boost DVDFab's performance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Performance How to boost DVDFab's performance?

Today I ripped a DVD's main title only and it took more than 25 minutes to analyze then copy the content. I think it's too long for a 1:42:47 length (1,11 GB).

Of course I know the time of such a task depends on the system specs. But given my PC has 12 GB of RAM, my expectation was that it would take much less time.

What can you fellows say about that? Besides, is there a way I can boost DVDFab's performance so it takes less time in its tasks? TIA.

try checking your drives to see if they have slipped into PIO mode.
    click common settings - general settings - reset DMA.
    if you can't do the reset DMA you can also try
    uninstalling all of your dvd drives - restart your computer - and
    let windows reinstall the drives.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post
      try checking your drives to see if they have slipped into PIO mode.
      click common settings - general settings - reset DMA.
      if you can't do the reset DMA you can also try
      uninstalling all of your dvd drives - restart your computer - and
      let windows reinstall the drives.
      No DMA here.

Click image for larger version  Name:	df_nodma.png Views:	1 Size:	55.9 KB ID:	364337

Is there a way to set it - or get it if my system is not compatible?

Comment

bring up the search bar and type device manager - click on your cd-DVD drives - click driver - click uninstall
        restart your computer and let windows reinstall the drives.

Comment

Originally posted by Paultx View Post

No DMA here.

Is there a way to set it - or get it if my system is not compatible?
          I found info here: Enabling DMA Mode Transfers - iFixit

And found this in the Device Manager:

Click image for larger version

Name:	dms1.png
Views:	362
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	364355

The third ATA Channel 0 and the third ATA Channel 1 have DMA enabled, but the others on the list don't.

Name:	ata0.png
Views:	378
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	364356

Name:	ata1.png
Views:	376
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	364357

BTW why there are three of each?

And if those two have DMA enabled, why doesn't it show in the DVDFab options?

Comment

Originally posted by Paultx View Post
            Today I ripped a DVD's main title only and it took more than 25 minutes to analyze then copy the content. I think it's too long for a 1:42:47 length (1,11 GB).

Of course I know the time of such a task depends on the system specs. But given my PC has 12 GB of RAM, my expectation was that it would take much less time.

What can you fellows say about that? Besides, is there a way I can boost DVDFab's performance so it takes less time in its tasks? TIA.
            I don't think this problem is related to DMA here, please post the dvdfab_internal.log file and fabcheck_internal.log file to help check it out. Please specify the movie you tried too. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

I don't think this problem is related to DMA here, please post the dvdfab_internal.log file and fabcheck_internal.log file to help check it out. Please specify the movie you tried too. Thanks.
              I couldn't post the log files contents here. I got an error message:

Name:	dvdfber1.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	364471

Is there a way I can attach them here? Or can I upload them to a cloud service and share the links?

Comment

Please attach the log file as attachment, you can refer to this post: https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...og?postcount=5

Comment

The DVD disc I ripped is Scanners (Brazilian version).
                  More info here (Brazilian shop): Scanners DVD Sua Mente Pode Destruir

I selected and copied the log files sections of 17/1/2019, of which some refer to SCANNERS.
                  Attached Files

Comment

NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 is quite old. In this case, 25 minutes to analyze then copy the DVD content is normal.
                    When ripping, we would suggest you to use passthrough profile, or you can check if there is driver update available, do the update to see if it will make a difference.

To get better performance, we would suggest to get a better video card or use a PC with higher specs.

Comment

Working...
                    X