X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paultx
    replied
    Originally posted by Paultx View Post

Note: There are two Portuguese options and I guess they are for Brazil and Portugal. I'll try to find my original DVD to check on this later.
    I found the original disc and it's actually a BD.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190318_151647888~2.jpg Views:	2 Size:	22.2 KB ID:	366031Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190318_151655890~2.jpg Views:	2 Size:	18.8 KB ID:	366032

As to languages, English, Portuguese and Spanish are listed, but when I open the VIDEO_TS folder in DVDFab it shows Portuguese twice, but not Spanish for subtitles, I don't know why.

I just noticed that there is this option: Disply only forced Subtitle. What does it do exactly? TIA.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Paultx; 03-19-2019, 04:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Paultx
    replied
    The two movies I ripped with DVDFab that don't show subtitles in the player are:
    The beast must die [ volume label A_FERA_DEVE_MORRER]

Possession [volume label POSSESSION]

I get this message when trying to updload the log file:

Click image for larger version

Name:	dvdflgsh.png
Views:	459
Size:	7.7 KB
ID:	366000

So I copied all I could find about these two movies in the log file and saved in a separate TXT file.

Leave a comment:

• Ashley
    replied
    Hi, the QA team needs dvdfab_internal log for the two movies conversion process by which the output file plays the subtitle in your player and which does not. The default location for log file is: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab11\Log

Please try to upload dvdfab_internal log. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Paultx
    replied
    Originally posted by signals View Post
    Yes, you would need to start again with Ripper, but not necessarily with the disc, i.e. if you made a VIDEO_TS folder or ISO from the disc, you can use that as a Source and select Direct Render for the sub stream that you want. This forum is to help you with DVDFab, no idea what other products may or may not be able to do. The page you linked was for adding external subs to an existing video file, not what you asked about. You can add external subs with Ripper for most profiles as shown in the capture below. The Add External also works in the Converter module, so if you have the subs in a file you could add them to an existing MP4, but I think you will get better results using Ripper with the Direct Render to Video option on the Advanced Settings page.
    Well, I'm asking about DVDFab solutions for the reported subtitles problem with that specific BD player and I'm glad to know it can add them in the SRT format. This way I can avoid the solution by which "the subs become part of the video and will appear without fail". I just mentioned the other product because I searched about SRT subtitles and it was the best result I found.

To test the suggested procedure involving a VIDEO_TS folder, I started to try with one such folder I happen to have. But two issues made me stop and come here to report.

1 - If I choose Audio > English AC-3/5.1 and hit the Preview button, the audio played is Brazilian Portuguese. And if I choose PT AC-3/5.1, the audio played is English.

Name:	dvdfnsh1.png
Views:	567
Size:	5.3 KB
ID:	365943
    Note: Maybe this can be an error that came from the original DVD, but I'm not sure.

2 - The subtitles don't appear in the Preview, whichever I choose from the list.

Name:	dvdfnsh2.png
Views:	465
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	365944
    Note: There are two Portuguese options and I guess they are for Brazil and Portugal. I'll try to find my original DVD to check on this later.

I can't proceed with the task until I hear from you about these new facts. TIA.

Leave a comment:

• signals
    replied
    Yes, you would need to start again with Ripper, but not necessarily with the disc, i.e. if you made a VIDEO_TS folder or ISO from the disc, you can use that as a Source and select Direct Render for the sub stream that you want. This forum is to help you with DVDFab, no idea what other products may or may not be able to do. The page you linked was for adding external subs to an existing video file, not what you asked about. You can add external subs with Ripper for most profiles as shown in the capture below. The Add External also works in the Converter module, so if you have the subs in a file you could add them to an existing MP4, but I think you will get better results using Ripper with the Direct Render to Video option on the Advanced Settings page.

Click image for larger version  Name:	1-011 EXTSUBS.png Views:	1 Size:	19.6 KB ID:	365923

Leave a comment:

• Paultx
    replied
    Originally posted by Paultx View Post
    My old Philips BDP3200X blu-ray player is no longer recognizing discs. When I insert DVD discs to play, it shows the message "No disc".
    Interesting update on this. If I insert a DVD disc, the player shows a "Loading" message for a little while then shows "No disc". But if I insert a BD disc, it shows "Loading" then "Unknown disc". I wonder why this subtle difference.

Originally posted by signals View Post
    An easy fix (if you always want the subs to appear) is to select Direct Render to Video in Ripper instead of Remux into file, then the subs become part of the video and will appear without fail.
    As to this suggestion, I guess I'll have to rip from the disc again, right? Or is there a way I can do that directly to the already ripped MP4 file using DVDFab, without the need to rip the disc again?

I ask you that because I learned that I can do that with another product. But I'd like to do that with DVDFab, if possible.

Leave a comment:

• signals
    replied
    Some BD players and smart TVs have problems with subs in video files like MP4 or MKV. An easy fix (if you always want the subs to appear) is to select Direct Render to Video in Ripper instead of Remux into file, then the subs become part of the video and will appear without fail.

Leave a comment:

• Paultx
    started a topic Ripped DVD discs problem with subtitles

Ripped DVD discs problem with subtitles

My old Philips BDP3200X blu-ray player is no longer recognizing discs. When I insert DVD discs to play, it shows the message "No disc".

So I decided to use DVDFab [x64 11.0.1.8] to copy two DVD discs. But the app showed a message saying I should rip instead of copying. I ripped both discs and chose to include the Brazilian Portuguese subtitles.

After the ripping was finished I played both MP4 files on my desktop PC and everything was OK. So I moved them to an external HD to play on the BD player via the USB port, which is my only option now with this device.

But when I play these ripped MP4 files that way on the BD player the subtitles aren't displayed.

For testing purposes, I downloaded and copied to that external HD a movie and its subtitles in the srt format, which are displayed when I play the movie.

I guess the BD player somehow can't recognize the subtitles present in the ripped MP4 files.

But I have this MP4 file I made by ripping a DVD disc some time ago which plays with its subtitles, I only can't remember if I made it with DVDFab or with another app.

So I ask you for help. Is there a way I can rip DVD discs with DVDFab in such a fashion to force the old BD player to display the MP4 files subtitles?

TIA.

FYI

Ripped DVD discs whose MP4 files are not showing subtitles:

The beast must die (1974)

Name:	A fera deve morrer.jpg
Views:	554
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	365875

Possession (1981)

Name:	e9128df24e818686b32d0512bf2ca256.jpg
Views:	495
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	365876

Ripped DVD disc whose MP4 file is showing subtitles:

Cat people (1982)

Name:	a-marca-da-pantera.jpg
Views:	488
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	365877

All three discs were ripped on the same PC.
Working...
X