Star Trek Discovery S01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Trek Discovery S01

I am trying to Rip the episodes. S01E01, there is forced subtitles to translate what the Klingons are saying. I have not been successful. DVDFab is showing it found the forced subtitle, but they aren't being display by default. I have to go into the player and manually select the subtitle.

On the ripper tab, I have checked "English" subtitles, and "Display only Forced Subtitles" is on, and Normal and Forced Only is checked.

Suggestions as to what I may be doing wrong?

m 02.14s: info: SubMode(Remux) -- Display Only forced Subtitle(true)
    2m 41.32s: UILog:MsgWork:WorkStatus_Start
    0m 02.16s: Intel GPU acceleration for Lightning-Shrink enabled
    0m 02.16s: info: bitmap index = 1
    0m 02.17s: info: h264_encode: encode param profile(2) level(41) bitrate(737) crf(-1) interlace(0)
    0m 03.29s: info: processing source(00000.m2ts)
    0m 03.79s: info: Find Forced Subtitle Stream : PID(4608), Language(English), First Time At(timestamp: 00:00:04:379)

I am having the same issue. I did three different ways and all failed. When watching the DVD direct play, the subtitles are there. Please help!! In my common settings, on the Conversion tab, I have "Always display only forced subtitle" selected.

In my advanced settings I have Direct render to video selected, and I chose the first English track for my first attempt and the second English track for my second attempt. Both failed to direct render.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Subtitles1.jpg
Views:	792
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	382625

This is the direct Play from the DVD:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DirectPlayDVD.jpg
Views:	627
Size:	12.3 KB
ID:	382626

I also attempted to remux into file on the advanced settings and selected both English tracks, and that also did not work.

Please advise! This occurred with both Season 1, DVD version of Star Trek Discovery and Season 2.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I would really like to have these backed up onto my server with the captions so you can understand the Klingons.

Comment

I just figured it out for at least Season 1 of Discovery on DVD, you select the second English track and do not select the "Forced only". It is the normal subtitles and is not coded as a forced subtitle.

Comment

Working...
      X