Copying 4k movies to 50 GB blank....The copy stutters and jumps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copying 4k movies to 50 GB blank....The copy stutters and jumps

This is my first try at copying "The Prestige", 4k version, to a 50 GB Blu-ray blank to be played in my new 4K Panasonic stand alone player. The original plays perfectly, but the copy stutters and jumps. Is that a common problem?

I bought the Lifetime All-In-One deal, but didn't realize I needed to buy Passkey as well. I wonder if that could be the cause of the stuttering and jumping? Also, I thought I had read that there was a bitrate limit for 50 GB blanks. What is that limit and is that something I need to set myself?

Any help for successfully copying newly purchased 4K movies to a 50 GB Blu-ray blank would be greatly appreciated. Or perhaps there is a tutorial? YouTube video that covers more than the basics?

Thanks!

You do not have to buy Passkey, what made you think that?

You may have burned it too fast. Attach the burn log from your test, it is in the Log folder.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

What made me think I needed to buy Passkey? Well, I figured that if you had to have it to decrypt DVD's and Blu-rays, that you'd also need it to decrypt 4k's. No?

I apparently sent the burn log via the "Archived Task" button. I couldn't see a way to attach it to this thread.

Comment

Please excuse my ignorance, but if the 4k was burned too fast, how can I adjust that, and what should I adjust it to?

Comment

Wait, no I think I found that text file. Here ya go! And thanks for your help!
          Attached Files

Comment

Here's the burn log. Hope this helps. I've been at this for 16 hours for the past two days and haven't found a solution. Please help!

Thanks!
            Attached Files

Comment

Re: the speed, set it to 2x or 4x, which is set in DVDFab Settings.
              Re: Passkey, although it is a handy tool to have, if you have DVDFab it is not required, full decryption capabilities are included in DVDFab.

Checking the info you provided.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks for looking into this. I finally figured out how to change the burn speed and changed it to 1x, and even used Imgburn. But I still have the same problem. The copied bluray still jerks and jumps. So I don't think it is a burn speed problem. What else could it be?

Comment

Now I've tried watching the movie on my computer, and it is still jumpy and stuttery.

I tried burning it again, for the sixth time, onto yet another 50GB Verbatin Blu-ray, only to get the same results. I'm attaching the burn log for this latest attempt. Please help!!!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by LloydS View Post
                    Thanks for looking into this. I finally figured out how to change the burn speed and changed it to 1x, and even used Imgburn. But I still have the same problem. The copied bluray still jerks and jumps. So I don't think it is a burn speed problem. What else could it be?
                    Imgburn will tell you what speeds are supported for the specific media and drive combo you are using (as determined by the table in the drive's firmware). Based on my own experience, if you go outside of that range, even say 1x, if 2x is the lowest supported speed, you MAY have issues because then the drive will use generic writing strategy rather than the what is specifically stored in its table for the specific media you are using. Of course you cannot exceed the maximum speed as set for that media, but you can go slower even to speeds not specifically supported in it's table. If the lowest speed shown is 2x, try that rather than 1x and see if that works.

Another issue is some drives do not handle dual layer BD-R's all that well for some media. Again, my own experience .. have a Sony BDP-S6500 which often chokes at the layer break, but I recently bought a BDP-S6700 and that plays all BD-R DLs just fine that were a problem with the 6500 (had similar issue with a friend's S6500 as well, so it was not due to bad player). If you have access to another player, you might want to see if the stuttering is still present.

Comment

05/28/19

This stuttering and jumping picture problem has now been resolved by the excellent developers at DVDFab! Using a developers copy, I was finally able to copy a 4k Blu-ray to a 50 GB Verbatim disc. Hip, hip, hooray!!

See the post here for links to the downloads:

https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/uhd-co...o-50-gb-blanks

And thanks to everyone who pitched in and enlightened my quickly aging brain as to the possible causes and suggestions. It was a mind expanding experience and well worth every moment.

Thanks so much!

Comment

Working...
                      X