This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CPU/GPU CoreAVC : cannot be detected.

In "Common Settings", on "A/V Codec" page, under "Codec information" heading, I found following:

Graphics Chipset :
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295
    Supported Video Codecs :
    CUDA_MODE_H264
    CUDA_MODE_VC1
    DXVA_MODE_H264

CoreAVC : cannot be detected.

Does anybody knows what it's mean? Do I have download CoreAVC from somewhere? What directory it should be in? etc.
    Please give me idea, how to handle it.
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
    In "Common Settings", on "A/V Codec" page, under "Codec information" heading, I found following:

Graphics Chipset :
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295
    Supported Video Codecs :
    CUDA_MODE_H264
    CUDA_MODE_VC1
    DXVA_MODE_H264

CoreAVC : cannot be detected.

Does anybody knows what it's mean? Do I have download CoreAVC from somewhere? What directory it should be in? etc.
    Please give me idea, how to handle it.
    This is support just added in 7.0.2.5 for an optional codec CoreAVC to speed up conversion for Blu-ray to Mobile.

Formerly DVDKingdom

Comment

So is Fab planning on using this as the only way to speed up Blu-Ray compression? There seems to be a slowdown going from V6 to V7. Now we have support for this alternate codec, which is good, but wondering if the developers are looking at this as the ONLY solution to speed up the conversion? Or is it part of their overall program enhancements?

I have seen a thread where CoreAVC times are the same as without it. Much like the CUDA / DXVA GPU accel is not always faster either. I know it's a work in progress, but what should we expect? Except for my own speed improvements from upgrading my P4 to a quad core 9550 I haven't noticed any substancial speed increases.
      Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz (Stock)
      Gigabyte EP45-UD3P w/ FD Bios
      4MB G.Skill PC2-6400
      nVidia GeForce GT 240

Comment

I can't speak for the devs but my guess is they won't be dropping Cuda support since some folks spend anywhere from $200+ and up on a high end card and will certainly want to take full advantage of it.

Comment

Overlooking for a moment that you have hijacked and changed the subject of the thread, what are your expectations?
          This in no way replaces any of the GPU support already present in DVDFab, it is just an enhancement.
          Originally posted by rschildt View Post
          So is Fab planning on using this as the only way to speed up Blu-Ray compression? There seems to be a slowdown going from V6 to V7. Now we have support for this alternate codec, which is good, but wondering if the developers are looking at this as the ONLY solution to speed up the conversion? Or is it part of their overall program enhancements?

I have seen a thread where CoreAVC times are the same as without it. Much like the CUDA / DXVA GPU accel is not always faster either. I know it's a work in progress, but what should we expect? Except for my own speed improvements from upgrading my P4 to a quad core 9550 I haven't noticed any substancial speed increases.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Signals / W&B - Sorry - Didn't think I was stealing the thread, just expanding the concerns. I will start my own as things progress.

Please don't read too much into the tone of my post. It's hard to express your feelings, even with "smilies" and other things. I am a big fan of DVDFab, and just hope that improvements to the Blu-Ray inclde ALL facets. CUDA, DXVA, CoreAVC, pure processor horsepower, future codecs etc. Just don't want them to throw all their marbles into one bag.

Sorry for this and previous rants.

Long live FAB!
            Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz (Stock)
            Gigabyte EP45-UD3P w/ FD Bios
            4MB G.Skill PC2-6400
            nVidia GeForce GT 240

Comment

Working...
            X