Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't seen it mentioned but try defragging your computer to see if that speeds up the opening process.

Comment

Originally posted by W&B View Post
      I haven't seen it mentioned but try defragging your computer to see if that speeds up the opening process.
      That would do it alright or if enough stuff loaded into RAM to cause Fab to spill over into a page file on the HDD, that would slow things down a lot.
      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

DVDFab version 7 Am I alone on this

The page that is online still has this option checked
        Did you republish it?

Comment

Thanks for all your replies.

Since at least one other person mentioned a CPU spike in opening v7, I do feel a bit better about it.

Also I agree with one poster that how the program works is much more important than how long it takes to open up.

Obviously, there is something different about v7 but I'll try to work with it.

Comment

I loaded the desktop gadget that shows CPU utilization and memory use. During the actual loading of DVDFab the CPU hit 21% briefly then fell quickly back to Ø%. All in about 3 seconds, so unless it's hardware specific I don't have a clue?
            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
            Albert Einstein

Comment

I tried on 2 PCs, Quad core and an ION to see how it was. Time for both 4-6 seconds. -This was day or 2 ago.

Tonight I had it (and another burning app) freeze for a long time. Only when I have a blank disk in the drive though. Switched to different burner and problem went away. My main drive is dying it seems - may be switching drives would be a good test for you to run.

Hope this helps.

Comment

I had a similar problem some time ago and it turned out to be my drive. I had two drives on the same IDE channel. The problem ceased when I replaced the one drive. The funny thing was, it did not happen with all CDs or DVDs.

Comment

Originally posted by ogre2010 View Post
                  I tried on 2 PCs, Quad core and an ION to see how it was. Time for both 4-6 seconds. -This was day or 2 ago.

Tonight I had it (and another burning app) freeze for a long time. Only when I have a blank disk in the drive though. Switched to different burner and problem went away. My main drive is dying it seems - may be switching drives would be a good test for you to run.

Hope this helps.
                  Still very perplexed about this.

I use DVDFab Platinum for decrypting (cloning to ISO) only. So it does not matter whether my external DVD drive is connected or disconnected, or whether there is a DVD in the drive for pathplayer to scan. I still get the 50% CPU and a minute-long wait until the application loads. Again, this has never happened with any version of DVDFab prior to 7 and still does not happen with version 6 (12/31/09). My burner is very much alive and kicking. I use it to burn CDs and ISOs via Imgburn and it has not failed me yet. So I do not believe it is the DVD burner drive. Especially in light of this lag only occuring when opening up DVDFab version 7.

Comment

Working...
                  X