Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I get videos to fit on the target media?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is a combination of both.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Here's a thought for you, timmymac123. What I was referring to in my post was I was trying to burn a DVD of a 464Mb .MP4 file, but it would not fit on a standard DVD5 disk. The problem is that DVD Creator does not compress or resize movies. I thought about this for awhile and it occurred to me that DVD Copy does compress or resize movies, and DVD Creator will make .ISO files. So here's what I did to solve this problem...

I opened DVDfab 9.0.6.3 and selected the DVD Creator module and set it to create a DVD9 .ISO file from the 464Mb .MP4 file. The resulting file was over 6Gb, and took a long time to create. (Pay attention to where it puts the file, as I did not and had to search for it.) Once it was finished I then opened DVDfab again and selected the DVD Copy module and set it to burn the .ISO file to a DVD5 disk as a Main Movie copy.

So if I wanted to do what you want, I would try making .ISO files out of each of the movies you want and use the DVD Merge option to create the single DVD you want. Try that and see if it works...

Comment

@Axel

What did the quality turn out like?

PS: Good workaround...
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

It turned out perfect as far as I can tell. But this is not a regular "movie studio" thing, it's a help video my business partner put together to help me learn the finer qualities of one of our products. So any flaws that are in it could also be in the original file. But at first glance it looks pretty good, and the process that I used to make the DVD is good.

After my last post in this thread (for timmymac123), I remembered that I had actually done that before. I have a DVD called Joe Bonamassa: Live From The Royal Albert Hall, which is an over two hour long show that according to Amazon.com is "a twelve-camera high definition, surround sound shoot" on two DVD's. The resolution of the video is 1920x1080.

When I made a copy to watch and keep the original in mint condition, I made an .ISO of each disk and burned them both onto one disk in the manner I described in my last post. I was shocked (and very pleased) to see that the video looked as good as the original. Someone with a better eye for video quality might disagree on that assumption, but I think it looks great.

Comment

Working...
          X