Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PROBLEMS with menus and screen ratio on DVD Creator - DVDFab 11 for Windows 10

1) I can't select the individual episodes on the menu of any DVDs that I make with DVD Creator. I'm trying to put 3 episodes of a TV series on each blank disc and make them all selectable individually (as you could on a store-bought DVD), but the menu is coming up with only the first episode available to select (not the other ones). How can I make all 3 episodes show up on the DVD menu and make them each selectable to watch?

2) Also, when I make the video ratio "Full screen" as the original video was, it puts it in full screen within a widescreen format, with the black areas at the top and bottom. How do I make it full screen without it being in "letterbox" format?

1)You can use the Scenes option to check out the 3 episodes

.Click image for larger version

Name:	Menu-scenes.png
Views:	685
Size:	851.5 KB
ID:	383729

Click image for larger version

Name:	scene.png
Views:	638
Size:	894.1 KB
ID:	383730

2) We will see if we can reproduce the issue.

Comment

I tried clicking on the "Scenes" link on the disc when it's in my DVD player (which is separate from my laptop), but it won't let me click on "Scenes". It simply starts playing the first episode on the disc. The only way that I can watch the other 2 episodes is to play or fast forward through the first episode. That's NOT what I want. I want to be able to click on each episode individually. My remote control won't highlight each "scene" or episode on the menu in order to click on them. I've tried clicking on the usual buttons and even tried other buttons, but it won't work. Can you help me with this problem, please?

Comment

What is the brand and model of your DVD player?

Also, which menu template did you use for the conversion?

Comment

2) Also, when I make the video ratio "Full screen" as the original video was, it puts it in full screen within a widescreen format, with the black areas at the top and bottom. How do I make it full screen without it being in "letterbox" format?
          We cannot duplicate the letterbox issue, please list all your steps in detail and offer us a short video as source to help duplicate it, thank you.

Also, your dvdfab_internal log file and fabcheck_internal log file are needed. You can also refer to this post and post the feedback ID: DVDFab Forum - Log Files Help Our Developers Troubleshoot Your Problems Quickly

Comment

My DVD player is a Toshiba DVD/VCR Model DVR620. I'm not sure what you mean by which menu template. I used the second choice on one of the blue fantasy-looking background images (the second arrow at the bottom that takes you to the menu screen that allows you to add however many episodes that you want to). I'll have to get the other info to you later, as I'm trying to do it one more time.
            -Mike

Comment

Mike, what is the series you are using as the source? Also, for the aspect ratio problem, do you get the same result if you play the Creator output disc on another player, such as your pc?
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

One of the videos that I'm trying to burn to disc is a TV series called The Legend of William Tell. It was never released officially on DVD by any company. I got it from Tubi TV. I tried burning some episodes again, but had the same problem on my DVD player (it won't select the individual episodes using the arrow buttons on the remote). But I tried it in my Blu Ray player and it worked! I can select the individual episodes on that player and watch them, which makes no sense to me since I'm burning a DVD disc and not a Blu Ray disc. My laptop can only burn DVD discs, as far as I know. So, I'm giving up on the DVD player and I will watch these episodes on my Blu Ray player instead. I really don't understand the difference since I've had no issues with playing any other DVDs on my DVD player, even ones that I've burned myself with other DVD burning software. I haven't noticed the screen ratio problem on my Blu Ray player yet, so that's good. I'll let you know if I need any more help with anything. Thanks for trying to help me.

-Mike

Comment

Hi Mike, thank you for the update.

Comment

Working...
                  X