black screen only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

black screen only

hi i am new to writing blu rays and i am stuck on this one...first i did the insanity max pro for a friend at work..worked fine on my pc and on my 4k samsung player she tried it on 2 players and both had blank screen...so i took this to my friend who i has a Panasonic and sony blu ray player and again this had the same blank screen and no message came up.

i later tried a season of flash this also did the same...i later did it just as a data disk and that worked fine on my 4k player and both my friends blu ray plays.

so i updated the firmware on my friends players and still black screen...now i was thinking maybe his players are too old, now this is where it gets confusing i did a copy of the beyond a region A disc and this morning it played fine on my friends players.

so now i know his machines play copy blu rays and i know the brand i use is ok Verbatim 43811 25GB 6x BD-R SL Datalife Inkjet Printable
    so this could only mean using the blu ray creator is not compatible in some way...i have burned a disc with dvdfab, ashampoo and imgburn and with imgburn i deleted the certificate created with fab and let imgburn create its own...again all worked fine on my 4k player and pc but that is it.

what could be going wrong ???

Why are you using Creator? What type of Source are you using in Creator?
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

well a tv series at the moment but next i hope to do a disc of my holiday in egypt last year to my knowledge creator is the only way to do get a menu either that just burn files as a data disc but then will have no menu which is what i want...but pointless doing a menu when it will only play on my 4k player and if that was to pack up working i won't be any disc i burned via this option.

Comment

Ok, I understand now you are using video files of some type and need Creator to provide a menu. This should work fine on all players. Do you still have the Source files and if so, what is the file type (mkv, mp4 etc)? If a certain player fails to read the disc, try making a test disc of the same content but using a slower (2x-4x) burning speed to see if the results will be different.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

thanks signals the file type are mkv and these play fine on my friends player, i burned them just has a data disc no menu no nothing just the files and they played fine. i am guess it be fine with just about any other file that will play in other players but once i use creator i just get the blank screen..i tried a few of my burned discs on my mums lg player same blank screen but i can see all 23 titles but that's about it.

yet again play fine with menu on my Samsung 4k player. so the only thing that plays on another player is a full blu rip of an original disc. i have tried doing them at 2x and 4x
          so the only thing i can think of is that the machines are too old. i can't think of anything else has they play fine on my machine i did have a ps4 but i sold it the other month.

wish i didn't get a blu ray writer now more trouble then its worth.

Comment

Working...
          X