Creator: Compression rate lower than announced v. 12.1.01 and downwards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creator: Compression rate lower than announced v. 12.1.01 and downwards

I'm using windows 11. When making a BD25 from MP4/MKV files coming from StreamFab or other sources and applying the compression creator shows the expected compression rate. Once the conversion is done, in my case to BD25, the ISO final outcome is compressed much lower than onnounced.
    In this case Creator says: 22689/23866 MB but after conversion the ISO file has only 14.3 GB.
    I have the same issue with all the creator conversions.
    As an example, I'm sending you for the same files, the outcome using the latest DVDFAB version 12.1.0.1 and downwards version 12.0.9.7.

Version 12.1.0.1:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Compression rate for BD25 as output V. 12.1.0.1.png
Views:	400
Size:	404.7 KB
ID:	423250

Name:	OBTAINED COMPRESSION RATE for BD25 ISO V. 12.1.0.1.png
Views:	229
Size:	241.9 KB
ID:	423251

Version 12.0.9.7

Name:	Compression rate for BD25 as output V. 12.0.97.png
Views:	223
Size:	390.0 KB
ID:	423252

Name:	OBTAINED COMPRESSION RATE for BD25 ISO V. 12.0.97.png
Views:	221
Size:	258.2 KB
ID:	423253
    Enclosed in a 2nd message the internal logs for the latest version 12.1.0.1. and a previous version 12.0.9.7.

Conclusion: Using whatever Creator version the compression rate is much lower than what it should be. Can you please help?

Many thanks,

and here you have the internal logs.
    Attached Files

Comment

To compatible BD,Blu-ray Creator uses set video_bitrate which is 35000

Comment

Thank you Mona.
        My point is that the obtained BD file is less than what it should be. In this case DVDFAB içs saying that the final file should have 22691 MB but when the process has finalized it only gives 14300 MB. Compression is too high and not what it is said (22691 MB). Previously this was respected. I wonder if it has to be with Windows 11. The idea is that the compression is adjusted to the maximum possibilities of a BD25.

Comment

Dear Mona, I just changed in common settings disabling all GPU codecs from AMD to software as per below and now the final resulting file has the right size (23136 MB)

​​

Name:	screenshot20230317150354.png
Views:	176
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	423310
          Ideally this result should also be obtained with GPU codecs enabled.
          Is it possible to correct this?

Comment

I have the same problem lately. A few weeks ago I could "customize" it to 23.2GB, now it won't work. It comes out every time 18-20GB.

Comment

Thanks for the update, I will have the QA team check this part.

Comment

I will look around on the market, maybe I will find a Blu ray creator where you can get about 23GB file in the end.

Comment

Leider nichts gefunden. Ich komme jetzt max. 21,4-21,5 GB. In etwa vor 4 Wochen ging es noch bis 23,2GB. Wurde das Program verlimmbessert????

Comment

Mona: and? Any progress???

Comment

Originally posted by joseg View Post
                      Mona: and? Any progress???
                      I am afraid not, I will push the QA team to check it.

Comment

Well my money you have where to bother you further, I have already written a few times that no more than 21.4/21.5 GB anpassan goes instead of previously 23.2 GB. No one cares because I stupid lifelong license already paid, bad luck for customer.

Comment

a REAL SHAME that nothing is done to solve this after 5 MONTHS !!!!!!!!

Comment

There is no point in writing anything here, you have paid the rest- whether you have problems or not nobody is interested.

Comment

Compression rate is getting lower and lower. I used to have 23.2gb some time ago, then it went down to 21.4-21.6gb and now I only have 20.3gb, what's going on with you? What kind of technicians do you employ, carpenters or bricklayers?

Comment

Working...
                              X