Another Wasted Opportunity!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Wasted Opportunity!!

I was filled with hope when seeing the following changelog reference concerning the latest version of DVDFab 13.0.1.2 and Blu-ray Creator: 'New: Added support for the new Streaming menu template in Blu-ray Creator'. Finally I thought, the Devs have tweaked an issue raised (by myself) on numerous occasions concerning the streaming menu (see image below), the inability to completely remove 3 text boxes and their headings imbedded within the menu.

But no, nothing of the sort -just another pointless addition and an absolutely wasted opportunity.

When will those behind Blu-ray Creator actually (LISTEN) to those who use this app and actually implement changes that (improve) the user interface!!

Judging by my experience -NEVER!

Click image for larger version  Name:	1.png Views:	0 Size:	136.7 KB ID:	438330

Just fix this long standing issue... P L E A S E!

Hi,

I will ask the dev to check it, thanks!

BTW, from the file name, seems like that the video is a TV show, why you not to seach the Metadata?

Wilson
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
      Hi,

BTW, from the file name, seems like that the video is a TV show, why you not to seach the Metadata?

Wilson
      I prefer to create thumbnails for each episode, doing away with Metadata entirely and renaming each title specifically to stop any Metadata from being loaded. Easier and more bespoke for me. Which is why I have (on numerous occasions) asked for the ability to remove completely the 3 text boxes and their headings imbedded within the menu.

As you can see, I am left with the 3 'headers' which I cannot remove.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot (1339).png Views:	0 Size:	111.8 KB ID:	438341

As much as I genuinely (and I do mean this Wilson), appreciate your attention and support on my request -past experience has shown me that quite simply -"asking the dev to check it" will result in the following: nothing will change! I have been asking for this 'tweak' for over 2 years!! 2. Years!!

13.0.1.2 Log.zip
      Last edited by littlebluealien; 02-29-2024, 04:33 AM.

Comment

Hi,

Please update to the latest version, the text can be deleted now.

Wilson
        Please post your logs the default location is:
        For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
        For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
        If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
          Hi,

Please update to the latest version, the text can be deleted now.

Wilson
          Hi Wilson,

Yes, downloaded yesterday as soon as I saw the update. Excellent. Thank you so much for getting this resolved. Greatly appreciated my friend, and makes Blu-ray Creator even better now.

I wonder if you could ask the Dev to resolve the issue with subtitles remaining even after they have been turned off before processing titles to either ISO or for direct burning to disc. The only way I am able to stop the subtitles from being added to the burned project is not to have them there in the first place. In other words, not downloading them in StreamFab! Never had this issue until 13, and it's been a default problem with every update of 13.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by littlebluealien; 03-07-2024, 06:37 AM.

Comment

Not had a Bluray Creator update for a very long time so was pleased to finally get one. I thought the least that would change is sorting the issue we've had for at least 2 years with downloads from Amazon and Netflix having the subtitles default to ON when every new episode starts. The only way to stop it happening is to not include subs at all. Its a Creator issue because it doesn't happen with Disney+ downloads.
            Curiously a while back I put a couple of Prime SD downloads onto Bluray with subs and everything worked fine.

Comment

Originally posted by phelings View Post
              Not had a Bluray Creator update for a very long time so was pleased to finally get one. I thought the least that would change is sorting the issue we've had for at least 2 years with downloads from Amazon and Netflix having the subtitles default to ON when every new episode starts. The only way to stop it happening is to not include subs at all. Its a Creator issue because it doesn't happen with Disney+ downloads.
              Curiously a while back I put a couple of Prime SD downloads onto Bluray with subs and everything worked fine.
              To be honest I don't normally download the subtitles, so it was only when I started reburning with 13 - older titles (with subs) that I suddenly started noticing this issue of the subs remaining even after they'd been 'switched off' before processing. A minor annoyance and one easily rectified by turning off subs on the player when viewing the burned project. But nevertheless, if the option to remove subs prior to processing is presented (as it is), then by default it should work as offered. I have full faith in Wilson to flag this with the Dev (when the Dev has the appropriate time and attention to focus on this 'minor' issue...) There are far more urgent and significantly pressing matters that require the Dev's FULL ATTENTION right now! DRM. And until that is fixed, the question about subtitles becomes academic does it not!

Comment

I like to include subtitles on my Bluray discs if possible specially with things like Alias where there are sections of non English and the subs are supposed to be there. Fortunately Disney was never an issue so they work as they should. The recent "Shelter" from Prime would be useless without subs at all as there is a lot of Spanish spoken in places.
                It just seems to be lack of interest because I only see it with Netflix and Prime content not Disney so the DEV must know whats different and the worst thing is I reported this 2 years ago and nothing has been done

Comment

Originally posted by phelings View Post
                  I like to include subtitles on my Bluray discs if possible specially with things like Alias where there are sections of non English and the subs are supposed to be there. Fortunately Disney was never an issue so they work as they should. The recent "Shelter" from Prime would be useless without subs at all as there is a lot of Spanish spoken in places.
                  It just seems to be lack of interest because I only see it with Netflix and Prime content not Disney so the DEV must know whats different and the worst thing is I reported this 2 years ago and nothing has been done
                  I definitely understand the need for subs in certain cases, such as what you have alluded to. Where the need arises in instances of foreign languages being interspersed throughout a programme I always select 'forced subs' where available, but as a rule the types of programmes I like to burn to Blu-ray are cryptid/paranormal/UFO docs and these rarely require any subs -so I choose to not download them in the first place.

Comment

I just created a set of Blurays for The Muppet Show using Streamfab downloads. Everything was perfect with subs OFF until I switched them on. However, downloads from Prime and Netflix STILL have subs default to on.

This apparent lack of interest / ability indicates that DVD Fab and / or Streamfab will be non existent within a year or two as in the current situation there will be no new subscribers. Is anyone anywhere on this forum going to pay out for any new Streamfab modules ever?

Comment

Well for once I am going to congratulate and applaud the devs in regards to finally resolving the issue with being able to remove the 3 text boxes and their headings imbedded within the streaming menu - this has been long standing. And now it's fixed! And... the most recent update of 13.0.1.4 has again made some good layout improvements in Creator. I am impressed.

Comment

Working...
                      X