Sticky Please: Burner support for Protected Disc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sticky Please: Burner support for Protected Disc

Per this topic could we sticky a list of drives that can and can't Create Protected Disc backups?

I'll start:

Don't support:
    • Lite-On iHBS212 Firmware 5L07

Do support:
    • ?

Originally posted by dbooksta View Post
    Per this topic could we sticky a list of drives that can and can't Create Protected Disc backups?

I'll start:

Don't support:
    • Lite-On iHBS212 Firmware 5L07

Do support:
    • ?

Lg does support
    For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

The Lite-On iHBS112 2 firmware: CL0G
      "Supports binding nonce generation: NO"
      DOES NOT support creation of protected discs.

Comment

Hi Rich86
        I do not do Blu-Ray at the moment but, have you tried the newest firmware of your drive to see if anything has changed http://www.firmwarehq.com/download_1..._CL0J.EXE.html
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
          Hi Rich86
          I do not do Blu-Ray at the moment but, have you tried the newest firmware of your drive to see if anything has changed http://www.firmwarehq.com/download_1..._CL0J.EXE.html
          CBR929
          No, I did not realize a new firmware had appeared already. I got my drive as a Christmas gift, and applied the December firmware update when I installed it. I'll try this out and report back if something significant changed. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich86 View Post
            No, I did not realize a new firmware had appeared already. I got my drive as a Christmas gift, and applied the December firmware update when I installed it. I'll try this out and report back if something significant changed. Thanks.
            I downloaded and applied the new firmware, but I do not believe this has enabled any ability to burn a protected disc since "Supports binding nonce generation" is still = NO. But thanks for the tip!

Comment

Originally posted by Rich86 View Post
              I downloaded and applied the new firmware, but I do not believe this has enabled any ability to burn a protected disc since "Supports binding nonce generation" is still = NO. But thanks for the tip!
              I think your best bet is to contact lite-on and find out if they are going to release or ever support the feature!!
              For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
              or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
              or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
              Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

Yeah, I don't know if numbers count, but it wouldn't hurt to Email them via their online form and ask for a firmware update to implement the "binding nonce generation" feature on their drives.

Comment

Originally posted by DiabloZoe View Post
                  I think your best bet is to contact lite-on and find out if they are going to release or ever support the feature!!
                  Since my standalone players do not support playback of BDMV-REC blu-rays, I would not be motivated to burn a protected blu-ray even if I could.
                  Fortunately my players don't know anything about cinavia anyway, so it is moot point.
                  Hopefully Fengtao & company, a software competitor on an island somewhere or some curious/creative independent hacker will come up with a more elegant solution to cinavia audio track pollution before too long anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ
                    This thread is not about Cinavia but rather Blu-ray Burners that do or do not support burning Protected discs. Let's keep this thread on topic
                    OK - no problem - but isn't the whole discussion about burners that can create a protected disc actually about cinavia anyway?

Comment

Working...
                    X