X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

selecting the region code

Originally posted by sunny View Post
    Hi bedavis2,

Please be sure you have specified the correct region code in the pop-up window "Specify the DVD disc's region code". If your original region code is 2, you need choose 2 from the list.
    --
    Sunny
    Hi Sunny,

How do you find out which region your Blu-ray disc belongs to?

thanks,
    Tao

selecting the region code

After i stick in a Bluray disc into the bluray drive, a window pops up in DVDfab asking me to pick the region of the disc. From what I've read, the purpose is to remove the region code from the disc. Does that mean if i incorrectly picked the region for disc, the software won't be able to remove the region code? What would happen if i close the pop up window without selecting a region for the disc?

thanks,
    Tao

Comment

I'm trying to discern all my bluray covers and discs. Which logo represent the region? so far i've see two. One looks like a globe with four dots in the middle, does that represent "no region"? Another is a globe with letter A in the middle, does that represent region 1?

thanks.
      Tao

Comment

Thread hijack merged here.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbitaoy View Post
          I'm trying to discern all my bluray covers and discs. Which logo represent the region? so far i've see two. One looks like a globe with four dots in the middle, does that represent "no region"? Another is a globe with letter A in the middle, does that represent region 1?

thanks.
          Tao
          Different manufactures us different ways to display the region code but 1 and A are the same! I looked at a few of my disc's and some had an octagon with an A in it and some had a globe with a 1 in the middle!! But I'm in the USA and all the movies out here will be region 1 and A
          For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
          or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

region

Originally posted by DiabloZoe View Post
            Different manufactures us different ways to display the region code but 1 and A are the same! I looked at a few of my disc's and some had an octagon with an A in it and some had a globe with a 1 in the middle!! But I'm in the USA and all the movies out here will be region 1 and A
            Thanks Diablo. I'm in Hong Kong and it seems i'm getting a little bit of everything from region 1 and 3, haven't seen a region 2 yet. However, most of my discs actually has no specific region. I read on wikipedia that 70% of the bluray discs are made region free, not sure how accurate that stat is.

Comment

region code removal

After I do "Full Disc" and copy a full 50GB to a 50GB blank bluray, or after I compress a 50GB into a 25GB using "Full Disc", does that mean the final product is free of region and i can play the disc in all machines?

What if I copy the disc under "Clone", does DVDfab also remove the region for me?

thanks,
              Tao

Comment

a. The final product is free of region whether you use Full disc option or Main movie option in Blu-ray Copy. The Premise is that you need to choose the same region code as it is on your Blu-ray disc when the ""Specify the DVD disc's region code" dialogue appears.

b. DVDFab doesn't touch the conversion between PAL and NTSC for now. You can play the backup DVDs on your PC. But you may can't play backup DVDs on standalone Blu-ray player when it doesn't support PAL or NTSC format playback.

c.As long as you make sure all the protections checked in Common Settings-Protection-Blu-ray, you can get your Blu-ray movie files ripped to your hard drive using Blu-ray Copy 4 modules, play back the movie using a Blu-ray software player such PowerDVD or burn the files to a blank BD-R or BD-RE, play the burned bd disc without any restrictions.

Comment

Thanks that was really helpful.

But it gets back to the question, what if I don't know the region of the original disc? There are discs that just doesn't indicate region A, B, or C, 1, 2, or 3.

Can DVDfab auto detect the disc's region?

thanks,
                  Tao

Comment

a. Go to Common Setting-Info, check the disc's region code after load blu-ray disc to DVDFab. If didn't choose the correct region code from the start, please reboot DVDFab, reload this disc, choose the right one from the region code list.

b. Or you can install dvd identifier at to check the region code on your Blu-ray disc.

Comment

Cici, i have attached the info of the bluray disc below, which line tells me the region of the disc? Thanks!

Info for drive [E:\] (DVDFab 8.0.7.3)
                      Vendor: HL-DT-ST
                      Product: BD-RE WH10LS30
                      Revision: 1.00
                      Vendor specific: 
                      Drive region control: RPC II
                      Drive region: Not set
                      AACS version: 1
                      Number of concurrent AGIDs: 1
                      Supports bus encryption: NO
                      Supports binding nonce generation: YES

Disc media: Blu-ray
                      Disc type: BDMV
                      Volume name: BAD LIEUTENANT

AACS (Advanced Access Content System) protection is removed!
                      AACS MKB version: 19
                      Drive AACS revocation level: MKBv19
                      BD+ protection is not found.

Comment

Does not say anything about region of Blu-ray and never has. The info you posted does tell us you not set the region on the drive you are currently using which should be set or you will have problems. As for DVDs you are located in Hong Kong so they should be region 3 and Blu-ray you should have region A. Now some DVD/Blu-ray will have multiple regions on them so the studios can release same one in multiple countries.

If you want to know exact region for the DVD/Blu-ray you need to download and install DVD Identifier like cici Jia mentioned and gave link for. Here link to something that explains region better http://www.dvd-blue-ray.com/blu-ray-regions.html

Comment

I tried a DVD in DVD Identifier, things worked out fine, I assume the line that says "Media Type ID" means the region? it's showing [R30], so i assume this means region 3?

I also tried a few bluray discs and only got the error message

[17:50:47] Blu-ray Medium Detected. Starting Identification...
                          [17:50:47] ** Initiating PIC Retrieval
                          [17:50:47] PIC Read Completed Without Errors
                          [17:50:47] ERROR : Unsupported Blu-ray Disc Detected
                          [17:50:47] Disc Identification Did Not Complete Successfully

Maybe the software's database isn't updated enough to detect blurays?

thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by cici Jia View Post
                            a. Go to Common Setting-Info, check the disc's region code after load blu-ray disc to DVDFab. If didn't choose the correct region code from the start, please reboot DVDFab, reload this disc, choose the right one from the region code list.

b. Or you can install dvd identifier at to check the region code on your Blu-ray disc.
                            Hi Cici,

I used DVD identifier for one of my backup (Burned) Blu-rays and showed the below info, which lines shows the region of the disc? since it's a backup done on DVDFab, it should be region free? Thanks!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Unique Disc Identifier : [BD-R-SL:VERBAT-IMw-000]
                            Disc Type : [BD-R SL : Class 0 - Version 1]
                            Manufacturer Name : [Mitsubishi Kagaku Media]
                            Manufacturer ID : [VERBAT]
                            Media Type ID : [IMw]
                            Product Revision : [000]
                            Stamper Date : [Not Present On Disc]
                            Layer Info : [1 Layer (L0) : 25.03 GB (23.31 GiB) Per Layer]
                            Blank Disc Capacity : [12,219,392 Sectors = 25.03 GB (23.31 GiB)]
                            Recording Speeds : [1x , 2x]
                            [ DVD Identifier V5.2.0 - ]

Comment

What if the DVD is multi region ?

I am copying DVD's to ISO files and have been selecting Region 2 in the "specify region.." windows, and I must admit I believed it automatically proposed the actual region code on the DVD, but according to the above, that it surely not the case and I have to select the right option myself.

But what if the DVD has 2 or more region codes specified. If it does not automatically remove the codes, and it is only possible to select 1 code to be removed, what about the rest ?

I am copying the Rome Season 1 discs currently, and the are apparently set vith both region 2 and 4, as can bee see below:

Disc media: DVD
                              Disc type: DVD-Video
                              Disc region: 2, 4
                              Volume name: ROME_SEASON_1

How can I have both Region Codes removed ?

Comment

Working...
                              X