Green Zone subtitles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Green Zone subtitles

I've tried to rip Green Zone but no matter how i've tried to do it it never does the english subtitles for the foreign spoken parts.

All the english subs are selected. There was another film that i've had problems with too.

Im looking to play the resulting file in either Powerdvd 10 of MPC.

Originally posted by Podge4 View Post
    I've tried to rip Green Zone but no matter how i've tried to do it it never does the english subtitles for the foreign spoken parts.

All the english subs are selected. There was another film that i've had problems with too.

Im looking to play the resulting file in either Powerdvd 10 of MPC.
    Hi Podge4
    You can play the original disc by Power DVD to see whether the subtitles have foced subtitles.
    I do some disc,like 12chapter in Avatar,Angels and demons,both work fine.
    I no the disc [Green Zone],so please help me to make sure that.
    thanks a lot
    Joe

Comment

Start your disk. In powerdvd, go into subtitles. If the movie has 2, select english 2. I haven't done this movie so I don't know how many english subs you have. When copying make sure you check all the english subs. Patton had 2 and I had to select English2 to see the english when they spoke german. The original auto selected the correct sub but not the burn.

Comment

You must make sure that your audio/subtitle selections are HIGHLIGHTED in blue and have an arrow thingy at the side of it and you will be o/k.

Comment

Originally posted by RICKENBACKER View Post
          You must make sure that your audio/subtitle selections are HIGHLIGHTED in blue and have an arrow thingy at the side of it and you will be o/k.
          All my english audio and subtitles are selected (i've selected only the main audio and all 5 english subtitles) but when i play file back in powerdvd i can change audio by right clicking on the picture (if i add all the audio) but the subtitles option underneath is NEVER highlighted, saying there are no subtitles to select.

I really want the main movie to play on tv down stairs, is it worth trying the full disk option?
          Last edited by AGJ; 03-26-2011, 03:59 AM.

Comment

subtitle

Hi Podge4,

Please go to Blu-ray Copy- Main Movie, choose main title and check all of the subpictures (english, french, spanish, etc), then play the ripped movie folder with VLC http://www.videolan.org/vlc/ which supports to add entire movie folder to play, check if you can get english subtitle highlighted in this player.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by sunny; 03-26-2011, 06:46 AM.

Comment

thx for reply. I have just tried this, it didn't work and got this message -

No suitable decoder module:
              VLC does not support the audio or video format "undf". Unfortunately there is no way for you to fix this.

There are 4 main movie titles i can choose from, i've not tried them all this way yet, will try that next
              Last edited by Podge4; 03-26-2011, 06:43 PM. Reason: forgot something

Comment

I went to powerdvd's info thing and it says Title 1 of 86, but as i said in last post theres 4 main titles to choose from, 0 to 3. Will try 1 again with the subs it says in vlc.

Comment

It works in vlc, i did have an old version but didn't think to install it. I got the latest one and it works both with open file and open folder. Must be something in powerdvd and MPC not reading file right. Thanks everyone, will use vlc to play files now.

Comment

Working...
                  X