Can i create iso files?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can i create iso files?

So I am using Media Browser as my interface and I can not launch Miniso files from that interface. Is there a way to make the miniso files just a Iso file? I like DVDfab much better and I already subscribe to Blu Ray Ripper but I really need to make ISO files in order to make power DVD to launch.

Can i create iso files?

I am using media browser as my media interface and it will not kick off DVDfab's miniso files. Is there a way to convert this file over to a ISO so use DVDfab for my backups?

Comment

Can i create a iso file

Sorry if this is posted somewhere else. Every time i create this post it never shows up. Can i create a iso file with dvdfab or am i stuck with miniso files? I am using media browser and it does not use the miniso files

Comment

Hi jones2416

Please only post one thread on the same subject, as multiple threads on the same subject will not get you help any faster.

Thank you
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Hi jones2416
          I am not sure if this will help, as I do not do Blu-Ray at the moment but,
          Open Fab click the Click the Green at top right corner of the DVDFab screen, and open Common Settings > Blu-Ray Copy uncheck the Always Create miniso files and restart Fab.

Also when creating an ISO for your target you will click what looks like a piece of paper with a folded corner with a little blue disc on it to the right.

Give this a try and post back
          CBR929
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
            Hi jones2416
            I am not sure if this will help, as I do not do Blu-Ray at the moment but,
            Open Fab click the Click the Green at top right corner of the DVDFab screen, and open Common Settings > Blu-Ray Copy uncheck the Always Create miniso files and restart Fab.

Also when creating an ISO for your target you will click what looks like a piece of paper with a folded corner with a little blue disc on it to the right.

Give this a try and post back
            CBR929
            The miniso was created so not have to make iso files all the time. I like the file folder format and the miniso is great as I can use virtual drive and mount to play with softplayer

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
              The miniso was created so not have to make iso files all the time. I like the file folder format and the miniso is great as I can use virtual drive and mount to play with softplayer
              Thanks for the info
              CBR929

Comment

For a quick & easy miniso ...

For a quick method to create a miniso file to a already ripped movie, please go to this thread ...

It has easy to follow instructions & screen captures. The process is quick & easy and I have tested it with PDVD 9.x and works wonderfully.
                Hand Built PC - ECS RS400-A MoBo w/ 3.2ghz Pentium 4, 1.5 GB RAM, LG WH08LS20 Bluray burner, Sony DRU-842a DVD burner, Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT PCIE card w/1gb vram, 650w PS, Windows XP Pro/SP3, Maxtor 200gb/160gb & Seagate 1TB internal HDDs. Samsung HDCP-compliant 23" TFT-LCD monitor, stereo speakers. (Life's the perfect thing to pass the time away.)

Comment

Originally posted by jones2416 View Post
                  So I am using Media Browser as my interface and I can not launch Miniso files from that interface. Is there a way to make the miniso files just a Iso file? I like DVDfab much better and I already subscribe to Blu Ray Ripper but I really need to make ISO files in order to make power DVD to launch.
                  To make ISO file, after DVDFab has read the disc, click the second icon next to the Target Desination; this icon is a white file with a blue circle. this will prompt you for an ISO file. Enter in the location and name of the ISO file.

this will disable MINISO by default for this session.
                  M

Comment

Must choose Clone

I did a test ISO rip of Band of Brothers disc 1 and found that I had to choose the "Clone" option in "Blu-ray Copy" section. If I tried to use Full Disc or Main Movie, it kept telling me there wasn't enough room on C drive even though I had directed it to a folder on my S drive in the Target field. Not sure why. After selecting Clone, it then did the rip to the folder on the S drive in 23 min. I then played it with PDVD9 no problems.
                    One other thing I found out tonight. Power DVD 9 came out with an update (version 4105.) I installed it and could no longer mount a .miniso file and have it play. Had to uninstall and reinstall back to version 2320a.
                    Last edited by Mdy4Blues; 05-30-2011, 04:03 AM.
                    Hand Built PC - ECS RS400-A MoBo w/ 3.2ghz Pentium 4, 1.5 GB RAM, LG WH08LS20 Bluray burner, Sony DRU-842a DVD burner, Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT PCIE card w/1gb vram, 650w PS, Windows XP Pro/SP3, Maxtor 200gb/160gb & Seagate 1TB internal HDDs. Samsung HDCP-compliant 23" TFT-LCD monitor, stereo speakers. (Life's the perfect thing to pass the time away.)

Comment

Your C drive may not have enough room for the TEMP directory so you may want to change the TEMP directory in Common settings to your S drive or other drive that has enough room

Comment

New set of captures

Yep, make sure your Fab temp folder is assigned to a drive that has enough room. Thanks AGJ for pointing that out. After I made that correction, I was able to select Full Disc or Main Movie. Here's a newer set of screen captures with 8.0.9.2 QT using the blu-ray section ...

(Click the "OK" button on the "Choose ISO Image File" window at this point)

As AGJ pointed out ... Your C drive may not have enough room for the TEMP directory so you may want to change the TEMP directory in Common settings to your S drive or other drive that has enough room

Comment

Common Settings

To set your Fab Temp directory, click on the little green check on the main Fab page ...

Select General and go down to the Temporary Directory area ...

Cheers!

Comment

Temp drive keeps going to C:

I changed my temp to F: but when I start, it goes to C: which doesn't have enough room.

How can I make it go to F:

Using DVDFAB 9.0.3.8

Comment

Also change the "Output Directory"
                              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
                              X