This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with DVDfab (Editing BDMV folders)

I'm trying to back up my Pacific BR movies onto 25g discs. I'm using the free version of DVDfab. Each Disc of The Pacific has 2 one-hours episodes. W/ dvdfab you can only select one stream to backup. It's not like DVDShrink's re-author mode where you can just put whatever stream you want on the disc and hit burn.

Ultimately, I would like to just have the 2 episodes on 1 disc since it will fit on a 25g BD-R. So, I thought, what if I rip each movie episode separately and combine them? So I went into the folder of the movie for the second episode, copied the .m2TS file and pasted it into the STREAM folder in the first movie. I thought that it would play each episode consecutively. But it did not. I would imagine that I would have to do something with those other folders "Backup, Certificate, etc" folders.

Can this be done?

Hi, eightysix,

I'm trying to back up my Pacific BR movies onto 25g discs. I'm using the free version of DVDfab.
    By free version, you mean HD Decrypter, do you? Well, with that, you are not able to burn to the blank, it only allows you to copy your movies to your HDD.

Each Disc of The Pacific has 2 one-hours episodes. W/ dvdfab you can only select one stream to backup.
    You can use Full Disc mode to do this, but if these movies are on BD50, you can not choose the output size as BD25, as compression is not available with the free HD Decrypter.

Comment

Originally posted by malcolm View Post
      Hi, eightysix,

By free version, you mean HD Decrypter, do you? Well, with that, you are not able to burn to the blank, it only allows you to copy your movies to your HDD.

You can use Full Disc mode to do this, but if these movies are on BD50, you can not choose the output size as BD25, as compression is not available with the free HD Decrypter.
      I burn with Imgburn, and I do not want to compress at all I just want to join the 2 files together and put them on a disc. I looked at tsmuxer but there are no good tutorials on it and I don't want to mess anything up.

Got another question. If I wanted to make a disc with just the special features and no movie (Movie would be separate disc), can I just delete the .m2ts file of the movie and burn it?

Comment

Originally posted by eightysix View Post
        Got another question. If I wanted to make a disc with just the special features and no movie (Movie would be separate disc), can I just delete the .m2ts file of the movie and burn it?
        It works on little fockers. I took the largest .m2ts out of the stream folder and kept everything else and burned it using imgburn. The disc works in my ps3. This will be helpful for the movies where the movie fits on a 25g disc but not everything. You can have a disc for the main movie only another for special features.

Comment

Working...
        X